Graphic Designer Precision LightingLondon, England, GB
A graduate/junior graphic designer is sought to join this leading group of UK lighting manufacturers, based in South London. The organisations are currently expanding and are looking for a graphic designer to fill this full time position. The successful candidate will be responsible for helping to increase both companies’ awareness within the market place through the production of all marketing materials both in print, and online.
Remote Controlled Lighting Ltd - RCL, is the only company in the world to specialise in the design and manufacture of remote controlled spotlights. RCL is a private, family owned lighting manufacturer based in the UK, whose client presence is both extensive and international. Award winning and with over ten years experience in the lighting industry, we are recognised across the globe as pioneers in remote controlled architectural lighting.
Precision Lighting is a leader in the design and manufacture of high-end architectural luminaires, with a reputation for flexibility and delivering premium quality products. The award winning design team have developed products that have made their way into prestigious projects such as the Shard, Natural History Museum, V&A, Science Museum along with worldwide rollouts for Mulberry and flagship stores for brands such as Superdry.
The graphic designer will be responsible for the following:
- designing a wide range of print and digital material, including but not limited to: Product catalogues, leaflets, promotional material, show material, branding and exhibition design
- managing multiple brand identities simultaneously
- generating ideas after interpretation of a brief
- presentation ideas and options
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- an expert understanding of multimedia design and experience building files for both print and digital
- demonstrate hand-on skills in the latest Adobe Creative Suite, particularly: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- a deep understanding of composition, page layout, colour theory and typography
- an understanding of the company’s brand with the ability to produce work respectful of the brand guidelines and to push them to their limits
- creativity, flair and an eye for detail
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- a focused, professional work attitude and the ability to work to strict deadlines
- a keen interest in design trends and current exhibitions
- a hunger to learn and to do so independently
- excellent data management skills for easy-to-read information architecture
Knowledge/interest in the following is highly desirable:
- 3D Rendering
- UI/UX Design
- art direction