Graphic Designer Rebel GirlsLos Angeles, California, US
About Rebel Girls:
Rebel Girls is a global, multi-platform edutainment brand, dedicated to inspiring and instilling confidence in a generation of girls around the world.
We started from a 2016 international best-selling children’s book, featuring real-life, extraordinary women throughout history, geography, and field of excellence, focusing on creators, innovators, leaders, and champions. In addition to our bestselling book series, we create an award-winning, chart-topping podcast, brought to life by the voices of phenomenal current-day women. Rebel Girls also offers virtual experiences and toys, and we are expanding our reach to television, live theater, and a digital app.
Our community of self-identified Rebel Girls spans more than 100 countries, with 6 million books sold in 51 languages and 11 million podcast downloads. We're growing quickly and looking for Rebels to join the team!
Perks of joining the Rebel Girls team:
Rebel Girls recognizes the importance of employee benefits. We offer insurance plans to fit the various lifestyle needs of our diverse team.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision plans for you and your dependents;
- FSA & Dependent Care FSA;
- Company-paid life & disability insurance;
- Annual Wellness Stipend;
- Fertility/Adoption Stipend;
- 401k with company matching;
- Vacation, sick, and holiday leave;
- Paid volunteer day; and
- Flexible remote work.
As Graphic Designer at Rebel Girls, you will be responsible for managing and creating engaging designs from concept to final realisation, helping to build the creative heart of the brand.
You will be developing a diverse set of creative materials assisting people to navigate and come across all our digital experiences, applying your skills in branding, illustrations, motion and graphic design.
You will be involved in brand design strategies to bring to life dynamic visual solutions from digital events and marketing promotions to brand development and inspiring campaigns.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the design industry
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects and Google Workspace
- Deep knowledge of the principles of design such as alignment, grid layout, typography, hierarchy and balance
- Ability in illustration and hand lettering design
- Experience in basic motion graphic
- Working knowledge of photo editing and photography
- Basic experience in UX/UI design
- Ability to work in a team of creative individuals to accomplish a shared vision
- Strong management skills, ability to prioritise and work methodically to meet deadlines
- Creative, innovative, and strategic thinker with a keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts or related field is a plus
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Implement our social media platforms templatizing on-brand graphics materials
- Create outstanding illustrations to make our communication effective
- Create animated gifs and short animations to support our marketing vision
- Design assets for our biweekly newsletter
- Design icons, patterns, logotypes and digital banners and any other assets requested
- Create exceptional presentations in Google Slide and InDesign
- Update our website or other digital platforms with new standout designs
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all marketing projects
- Lead the creative output of projects through every stage and supporting any design-related tasks
- Assist with creating visuals based on new strategies, brainstorming ideas and developing moodboards to build beautiful and high concept products
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects following established brand guidelines
- Take feedback from the Lead Designers, Project Managers, and other team members and revise designs accordingly
- Participate in the development of social media strategies or any other digital campaigns
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401K program with Company matching
- Vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Flexible remote work offered (post COVID environment, up to 40% remote)
- Equity in a fast growing, mission-driven organization
- Wellness stipend, fertility stipend, team yoga classes