Graphic Designer RescueSan Diego, California, US
Rescue provides behavior change marketing services (or "social marketing") to government, non-profit and corporate organizations. Rescue's current work focuses on tobacco, obesity, violence and alcohol prevention; the promotion of exercise, fresh foods and after school programs; and other products and services that promote healthy living. Rescue’s behavior change campaigns focus on diverse populations within teen (13 - 17), young adult (18 - 26), and adult (18+) populations in both rural and urban areas, resulting in a vast array of campaign styles and strategies.
Rescue is a full-service agency, providing research, strategy, creative, production, web, traditional media, social media, policy change, youth engagement and experiential marketing services to clients in over a dozen states and provinces, as well as to federal government agencies.
We believe that marketing can do more than sell goods, it can create good.
Rescue Agency is seeking an experienced and well-rounded graphic designer, to expand our award-winning team and aid in the development of cutting-edge brands for various audiences within the public health space. The ideal candidate has a passion for behavior change and should be capable of breathing life into digital media platforms, digital experiences, and advertisements of all kinds. A strong design-sense and attention to detail are a must; do you have what it takes?
We are looking for a person with excellent creative judgment with the ability to take direction and feedback from multiple sources to create a cohesive and compelling final design. A person who can effectively communicate with creatives and non-creatives alike. Someone with a proven ability to consistently deliver polished, professional design within project scope.
This is an ideal position for anyone who enjoys working on challenging projects with other highly talented individuals. Applicants must be comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline and deliverables-driven setting.
- Own the role of design lead on team projects, collaborate to develop visual designs for new clients and campaigns, complete on time and on strategy;
- Seek input, requirements and iterative feedback from stakeholders across the company to help define creative design solutions, and present to the team;
- Partner with other Rescue teams, including our Media and Strategy team, Development, and Creative Ideation;
- Projects will involve but are not limited to: logo development, photo composite, retouch, print media, digital media, rich media, wireframes, user experience design, user interface design.
- Create cutting-edge designs, from concept to execution, across multiple platforms and form factors: web, desktop applications, and mobile devices;
- Adapt product experiences to different audiences based on their needs and the devices they use (feature personalization, responsive design, accessibility, etc.);
- Provide quality assurance and attention to detail for all visual elements;
- Create, organize, and share project style guides, pattern libraries, and asset repositories;
- Utilize internal tracking systems and procedures;
- Continually hone skills in graphic design techniques for all related print and digital mediums;
- Grow and contribute to team culture.
- High School Diploma/GED;
- A minimum of 3-5 years working as a graphic designer in a similar environment preferred;
- Portfolio showcasing relevant work;
- Strong proven knowledge of graphic design (typography, composition, photo retouch, composite, design trends);
- Strong proven knowledge of digital design (social media, banners, rich media, web experiences, website design, information flow, readability, and interface usability principles)
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite or similar industry standard software (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Figma, Sketch);
- Proven ability to maintain consistency of the client brands across a wide range of deliverables, such as print, digital and social assets;
- Clear and concise communication enabling you to explain the thought process behind your visual design solutions, and rally people around your stated design goals to collaborate with creatives and non-creatives;
- Strong time management skills, organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to take direction and critique;
- Comfortable in fast paced work environment;
- Open-minded, friendly, and positive attitude;
- Passion for behavior change and belief in Rescue's Core Values.
- Passion for positive social change;
- Experience with Adobe After Effects, Tumult Hype or relevant animation software;
- Experience illustrating;
- Non-tobacco use is highly preferred because we only have tobacco-free environments and also to be consistent with our tobacco prevention campaign goals;
Location: San Diego, CA
Status: Full-time Position
Benefits: Learn more about the benefits of working at Rescue here: http://rescueagency.com/careers/
If you’re ready to join our team of mission-driven talent challenging the status quo, we’d love to meet you! Check out our Careers page at rescueagency.com/careers for more information about what it’s like to work at Rescue and the benefits that we offer to our team members.
The Fine Print
All business-related environments are tobacco-free. Must have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and computer and Internet access. Must be available to work non-traditional hours such as late nights and weekends.
Able to remain in a sitting position for prolonged periods of time and stoop, bend, reach, climb stairs, and move freely throughout the building for the performance of duties. Able to read from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours at a time including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources. Able to travel nationwide as needed to meet with clients, coworkers, or attend meetings and seminars. Must be able to move boxed work documents (surveys & materials), up to 40 pounds, in and out of office for travel by car and by air.
All applications must be submitted through Rescue’s online careers system (unless you qualify to request a reasonable accommodation, as detailed at RescueAgency.com/careers). We do not accept applications via email, mail, fax or in-person delivery. Please send questions to careers(at)rescueagency.com. All applicants must include links to an online portfolio or to direct examples of past work, where applicable. Applications without portfolio links will not be reviewed.