Graphic Designer SamsillFort Worth, Texas, US
Samsill’s marketing team is looking for a passionate graphic designer to join our team to produce internal and external marketing materials including, but not limited to product packaging, company website design, Amazon listings, sell sheets, and video production. The person we seek must be passionate about visual storytelling, can work as part of a team or as a one-person crew and has proven success with effective, creative ways of communicating. This is a full-time position. Samsill is a family owned company that has been designing various office products for over 65 years. If you have a love for organizing and office supplies, this is the job for you!
Essential duties an responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Concept, design, and deliver original marketing materials. This includes regularly creating new and exciting artwork for product packaging, company website, Amazon listings, sell sheets, catalogs, and social media.
- Translate existing and emerging concepts into actual packaging and/or merchandising designs.
- Conduct marketplace research to stay up-to-date on market trends, emerging brands and new design developments.
- Develop look and feel for assets that effectively communicates our ideas, brand and value proposition and meets design specifications best practices
- Create and update product supporting assets including print and digital catalog, price lists, sell sheets, packaging, and promotional materials
- Create packaging concepts and designs.
- Design layout concepts for customer catalogs and marketing collateral.
- Manage creative design and backend development for company websites
- Video production and editing knowledge for creating YouTube and Branded content across various channels
Qualifications requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: B.A. in Graphic Design or equivalent. 5-7 years of experience of related design experience.
- Highly skilled in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Experience with print & digital graphic design
- Familiarity with web design
- Experience with package design
- Experience creating catalog design and promotional flyers
- Strong design portfolio showcasing a diverse skillset is mandatory
- Must be okay working on a PC
Ability to speak clearly and effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Ability to read and understand information and ideas in writing.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other skills and abilities:
Ability to operate a computer terminal, decipher, and manipulate graphic software packages. Ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around and when parts are rearranged. Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting