Graphic Designer Soho HouseLondon, England, GB
We are looking for a highly creative, diligent and ambitious Junior Graphic Designer to join our in-house creative team based in London. The successful applicant will assist with the concept, design and production of all types of design for Soho House’s UK locations, including our members clubs, restaurants, co-working space - Soho Works and occasionally on Cowshed, Soho Home & The Ned.
Our new designer will be part of a collaborative team of designers based in the UK, NYC, Berlin and Hong Kong who work across every part of Soho House’s brands globally. Acting as a brand guardian for our UK locations, you will need to make sure that everything our customers see and touch is on-brand, looking its best, and sitting within the Soho House global style.
This is a junior position that will suit a graphic designer with a diverse portfolio who wants to learn new skills as they work which will involve many different types of design. You will work on projects such as menus and restaurant collateral, marketing collateral, printed promotional items, event invitations, packaging, presentations, social media graphics and motion, way-finding and signage, and sometimes branding for new Soho Houses and our other ventures.
You will be managed by our senior designer who oversees all branding work created by the design team. You will be working across all of our brands, delivering what’s required on time and to the highest standard.
Our new designer will be expected to create and maintain good working relationships with key people within the business, as well as external companies. You should be able to work fast and accurately, handling multiple projects at once. At times we work to very tight deadlines, so you must be cool-headed and have a positive, professional outlook even when under pressure.
Who we’re looking for…
- A highly creative individual with 1 years’ experience in an internship or full time role, either in-house or agency
- An approachable, down-to-earth attitude
- Someone who is highly motivated and will proactively come to the table with ideas, insights and thoughtful input to solve problems
- A broad portfolio that demonstrates core skills in identity, typography, editorial, layout, digital
- A sharp eye for detail and strong organisational and time management skills
- A flexible & resilient approach to work with the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced and often demanding environment
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator etc) and interest in new technology, processes and developments
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of print processes and production
- Photoshoot experience would be an advantage but not necessary
- A passion for the pillars of Soho House – hospitality, food & drink, travel, community and culture
Founded in London in 1995 as a home for the creative community, Soho House has private member clubs, restaurants, gyms, hotels and co-working spaces. We have members spread across the globe, and are working on many new opening in the next few years including sites in Asia.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and portfolio (under 12mb) by email.