Graphic Designer Sweetyhigh.comMarina del Rey, California, US
This role requires an expertise of design, typography, color theory, and composition. Responsible for creating stunning digital visuals for both mobile and web, the Graphic Designer works closely with the Art Director, Head of Content, UI/UX, Copywriter, and Marketing, to translate ideas into stunning digital visuals.
The Designer will be responsible for creating new concepts for the web (product promotions, banners, social media campaigns, etc) and mobile (ad campaigns, contest banners, show promotions, etc.). Understanding of brand identity, logos, typography, layout, visual storytelling, and color theory is required. Must have an elevated level of taste and a clean, modern design aesthetic. A passion for current trends and pop culture is helpful. The Designer must be comfortable working independently, exploring numerous visual options, and creative problem-solving.
- Collaborate with team and show passion for creating top-notch interactive Design.
- Adhere to, maintain and enhance the organization style guide.
- Strong knowledge of typography.
- Interest in emerging technologies, established design principles and perfection in visual design.
- Manage and deliver on creative requests, willing to iterate and provide several options for stakeholder satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain design mockups.
- Hold expert-level knowledge of the interactive design landscape, (both mobile and web based) competitors and complementary products.
- Inspire yourself and the team around you to deliver the best design possible.
- 4+ years of experience designing interactive user experiences.
- Strong knowledge of design processes and methodology.
- Exceptional communication/presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter who is comfortable with independently managing deadlines.
- Comfortable in a fast-pace environment.
- An online portfolio with original work.
Preferred: BS/MS/BFA/MFA preferred in a design or demonstrated proficiency and experience in the field of design.
Sweetyhigh.com is a market leading, a vertically integrated media company focused on the Gateway Girls (10-16). As both a studio and platform, we are a highly creative, editorialized business that serves a critical niche. We regularly work with the best studios, labels, artists, and brands as the company is currently enjoying a large amount of attention both commercially and culturally. Our creative atmosphere is filled with fun and passionate people who love what they do. We think outside the box and our mission - to create something amazing for girls - is paramount. We offer competitive salaries and generous stock option packages for team members.