Graphic Designer The GymEast Croydon, Croydon, England, GB
Since we opened our first gym in 2008, we’ve been dedicated to helping people take the first step on their fitness journey.
Today we’re the UK’s best value 24/7 operator with over 180 gyms nationwide. We provide affordable access to brilliant facilities and help to every person who wants to improve their wellbeing, whatever their starting point, whatever their destination.
Our unique proposition has transformed the UK health and fitness sector. Memberships start from just £10.99 a month and provide unlimited access to our high-quality fitness facilities and equipment, along with some of the most highly trained, qualified and friendly staff in the industry.
We’ve also been awarded Gold accreditation by Investors in People.
So let us tell you a little about the role...
We’ve made the exciting decision to build our own in-house design studio. The new studio will produce creative that will be used across all brand touchpoints…and we mean all touchpoints! That’s everything from our UK wide advertising campaigns, to website merchandising, to fitness-related video content, to member experience messaging for our gyms.
The Graphic Designer – Digital Marketing will take a prominent role within the design team. They will be responsible for ensuring our digital assets are industry leading and there is consistency across all digital brand designs.
As well as being the digital design custodian they will also play a vital part in creating assets for campaigns, new site openings and local marketing activities. Their design expertise will be required in the creation of assets across numerous channels, including OOH, social, display and print.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate creative flair and will be passionate about bringing our brand and our purpose to life across multiple channels.
They will work closely with the Studio Manager to deliver a step change in our creative output and support, developing brilliant creative assets that fulfil the needs of multiple internal stakeholders across different departments, maintaining strong brand consistency throughout the process.
The expectations of the new studio are high but realistic. We want someone who is up for a challenge and is excited about being involved in shaping the creative direction of a brand with big aspirations.
- Be the website custodian from a design perspective, ensuring that every page from ‘Contact Us’ to ‘Careers’ is both visually engaging and informative
- Work with the In-house Studio Manager and other TGG departments to ensure the website is a hub of exciting content for both new and existing members
- Provide a regular pipeline of new/refreshed digital assets to support display and social advertising, ensure creative and copy is kept fresh, relevant and engaging
- Work with our lead creative agency to version campaign assets across multiple channels including OOH, web, display and social
- Help with ideas for exciting new campaigns e.g. responsive, seasonal, tactical
- Be responsible for managing campaign look and feel across all channels
- Create a bank of creative assets that can be used to support new gym openings as well as refurbishments, including executions for social, display, OOH, flyers and print
- Create highly engaging in-gym messaging across multiple pieces of collateral, including posters, digital screens, banners, A-boards and vinyls
- Help create a local marketing toolkit for our gym teams to use. For example: Create a bank of editable templates for gym managers to use for local marketing, particularly local social pages, to ensure brand consistency / Create and update an editable Personal Trainer profile template for both print and digital screens
- Provide creative services that help our internal stakeholders and support various departments across the business (for example, ExCo, Marketing, People, Property, Digital, Finance, etc)
- Ensure that these requirements are prioritised effectively through the Studio with the support of the Studio Manager
- Create internal templates and update brand guidelines for use across multiple departments
- Ensure brand consistency across all channels and across all internal departments
- In particular, work with our web team and email comms team to ensure all assets are engaging, on brand and visually consistent
A little about you...
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with HTML and motion graphics is desirable, but not essential
- A good understanding of SEO and functionality
- Experience creating assets for both websites and Apps
- Strong conceptual skills, high level sense of design, layout and typography
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and to respond proactively when required
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and deliver to tight deadlines
- Good awareness of design trends, creative thinking and problem solving
- Ideally have experience with growing a design team, either at an agency or in-house
- Ideally have some copywriting experience or an interest in copywriting