Graphic Designer The House of GarrardLondon, England, GB
Freelance, Part Time
c. £100-£120 per day.
Working from home/ remotely.
Background to the House of Garrard
The House of Garrard is the longest serving jeweller in the world. Its origins can be traced back to 1735, when Frederick, Prince of Wales became its first royal patron. His order marked the start of a long relationship with the British royal family, formalised in 1843 when Queen Victoria appointed the House as the first official Crown Jeweller. Iconic jewels have been created for each successive generation, including the Duchess of Cambridge’s sapphire cluster engagement ring. Silverware and trophies have also been commissioned over the centuries, among them the Royal Ascot Gold Cup. This rich past informs a creative present where heritage and design combine to bring out the beauty of the precious stone or metal. From tiaras to trophies and rings to regalia, every Garrard creation bears the quintessentially British hallmark of history, craft and quality.
We are looking for a part-time Graphic designer to work 3 days per week to cover a maternity period. The Graphic Designer will utilise their exceptional creative skills to execute a variety of creative projects at the House of Garrard.
The role will involve close cooperation with the Creative Director and marketing teams to ensure all project goals are met on time and to ensure consistent brand identity across all touch points internationally.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to a wide range of creative projects, from exhibitions to visual merchandising by creating digital and print assets, working within a vibrant and fast-paced team.
- Work closely with team members to ensure all elements are on track and project aims are met
- Provide regular status updates to the line manager
- Participation and input in weekly creative marketing meetings
- Key graphic design projects include:
o Edit in house photoshoots, including Pac shots, still life and model campaigns
o Edit images, create photo composites and add animation where required for social media and the website, in close collaboration with the digital team
o Compose all advertising imagery for our wholesale partners using InDesign following the brand guidelines
o Graphic layout for stationery, brochures, invitations, banners, posters, visual merchandising and other brand collateral as needed
o Edit In house videos, in close collaboration with the digital team
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role within a fast-paced environment in the luxury industry
- Creative and design flair
- Excellent skills in Adobe CC, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to create basic animations
- Video editing skills
- Exceptionally organised and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to work well within a team environment, comfortable with both giving and receiving constructive feedback
- A proactive, hands on approach and not afraid to throw themselves into any element of a project
- Educated to degree level
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and interest of gemstones and jewellery
- Knowledge of CAD (Rhino or Matrix)