Graphic Designer The Roald Dahl Company LtdLondon, England, GB
This is a great opportunity for a talented Senior Graphic Designer to join our team. You’ll be producing imaginative and innovative print and digital assets for a variety of Roald Dahl departments including (but not limited to) licensed merchandise, marketing, brand partnerships, publishing, social media and more! You will also call upon a number of stylistic approaches whilst ensuring you remain faithful and contribute to building our brand house style. This is a maternity cover contract.
You’ll be responsible for
Reporting into the General Manager and working closely with the Senior Design Manager, you will be supporting both their vision and the company’s design output, including (but not limited to):
- Creation of high-quality graphic design and layout work across multiple disciplines, managing projects from conception to delivery
- Being a creative thought-starter – either with or without brief
- Developing brand design concepts, graphics and assets
- Brand guideline creation and maintenance
- Style guide creation and development
- Gif creation
- Asset management
- Highly innovative product concepts and mock-ups
- Packaging and POS creation
- High-spec Keynote presentations
- Reference research
The creation of a variety of brand assets including: social assets; brand partnership assets; marketing calendars; infographics; colour palettes; book covers; typography and logo work; iconography; brand presentations
Supporting the Creative Director (who is currently on maternity leave) in setting direction, support and good, consistent design practice within departments
Ensuring the Graphic Designer & Illustrator and Junior Graphic Designer meet quality design standards, in addition to supporting their development
Keeping up-to-date with design industry developments and tools to help inform your work
Such other duties and responsibilities as we may notify you of from time to time
Your skills and experience
The successful candidate for the role of Senior Graphic Designer will:
- Have 5-7 years’ experience working with branded content, across multiple disciplines. This should be demonstrable in your portfolio
- Be comfortable working within brand guidelines, but have the skillset and confidence to think creatively and expand the guidelines (demonstrable in your portfolio)
- Be an extremely confident and capable designer, with a great eye for style and presentation (demonstrable in your portfolio)
- Be able to lead and execute design projects, from concept to delivery
- Be able to work with minimal support, influence and mentor others
- Be able to create gifs
- Be a dedicated follower of design culture and press
- Be passionate in identifying and producing a consistent stream of fresh, creative solutions, with an excellent ability to verbally communicate ideas
- Be able to think strategically, helping to evaluate and support the Creative Director’s brand strategy
- Know the importance of sticking to briefing deadlines, and able to manage their own time
- Be able to lease projects expectations and timings both with internal and external clients
- Be able to mentor, inspire and nurture talents
- Be well-organised
- Have high-level, expert knowledge and experience in using the Adobe Creative Suite — InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator are essential
- Have high-level, expert knowledge and experience in using Keynote
- Be able to translate data and complex information into infographics
- Have a strong interest in brand licensing and management
- Be well-versed in asset management and the importance of branding considerations
- Have strong typographic skills (demonstrable in your portfolio)
- Be able to show excellent attention to detail
- Have excellent grammar and spelling
Salary: Dependent on experience
Contract: Maternity cover
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9.30 to 18.00
Office location: Marylebone, London (we are working remotely as a temporary measure and will return to the office as soon as practicably possible)
Start date: ASAP
Application closing date: End of Sunday 11 April 2021
Why join us?
We really care for our team – from four instructor led weekly exercise classes (yoga and HIIT) to rolling out flexi-time to further encourage a positive work/life balance for all. We’ve also put a lot of thought into creating the perfect office environment and culture for everyone to enjoy, including a kitchen stocked with an assortment of refreshments, and an on-site shower complete with towels and toiletries.
The Senior Graphic Designer will also benefit from our workplace pension scheme, 28 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays (pro-rated accordingly) and company social events.
Please send your CV, a relevant portfolio and covering letter summarising:
1. Why you are interested in this role
2. How you meet the requirements within the person specification
to our HR team at contact mail before Monday 12 April 2021. Video interviews will commence in May. The full job specification for this role is available to download from within the job advert listed on our company website.
The Roald Dahl Story Company is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We kindly ask for applicants to complete our equal opportunities monitoring questionnaire as part of their application: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/2WWKQ2M
The information that you provide will not be used to influence our recruitment decisions. Please notify us if you require any adjustments in order for you to be able to complete the application and/or interview process.
Take a look at our privacy notice on our company website for details regarding how your personal data will be handled for the purpose of recruitment and selection.