Graphic Designer Vergnion & Co.Amsterdam, North Holland, NL
Vergnion & Co. is seeking a freelance graphic designer to work with its team in Amsterdam.
We are looking for an accomplished freelance graphic designer to collaborate on an editorial design project. Applicant should be based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands or its vicinity.
The candidate is a talented and conscientious graphic designer that will be involved in the design and printing of a book which covers the works and life span of a renowned Art Photographer. Responsibilities include all visual outputs, from the initial layout, design, development to implementation of the book. The freelance candidate will work closely and in tandem with the Creative Director heading the project as well as the Artist.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on editorial design projects and taking them from inception to completion; an excellent eye for detail and typography; excellent communication skills and an enthusiasm for working collaboratively.
Other skills required:
- five years’ editorial design experience, eg. working with large amounts of content, working with editors/proofreaders, high standard of typographic design
- proven experience of preparing and managing print production
a portfolio showcasing:
- branding and identity projects
- editorial design
- projects for print and digital
- a good eye for typography and detail
- experience of preparing projects for print
- well executed creative and ambitious design solutions
Timing & compensation:
Immediate/compensation negotiable, based on experience.
To apply for this position, please send your CV, cover letter and short PDF of work samples (max attachment size 10MB) by email stating “graphic designer application” in the subject line.