Senior Graphic Designer
Raconteur is a premium publishing house and brand publishing agency.
Raconteur produces 60 different special reports for The Times and The Sunday Times per year, as well as
content marketing solutions for brands and bespoke market research. Raconteur combines first-class
journalism, imagery and graphic design with a commitment to high-quality executions in print and online
across all of our services.
To view our content, please visit www.raconteur.net
Senior Graphic Designer:
We are currently looking to hire two Senior Graphic Designers to lead the design process for our special
reports in The Times and The Sunday Times in 2015, but also work on our custom publishing projects for
brands such as Google, GE, Siemens and Philips. The day-to-day workflow will be centred on special
reports, as every detail that will be sent to print will be designed and decided by our new in-house design team.
The responsibilities will be great but so will the reward, in being part of the – first ever – team to put these
special reports together in Raconteur’s name!
For the past four years, our award-winning special reports and supplements has been designed by esteemed
editorial design agency, The Design Surgery. After a very long and fruitful partnership, due to rapid growth
across our business, Raconteur has decided to in-house the design of the special reports.
The two Senior Graphic designers we are seeking would therefore predominantly head up this work and
amongst other things be responsible for the creation of a brand new design template for our publications
(both tabloid and broadsheet formats).
Raconteur is a premium publishing house, which places first-class design as one of the pillars of its publishing
strategy. Furthermore, our first and most important corporate value is “commitment to excellence”.
The successful applicants will, therefore, have to display a strong passion for our publishing approach
and have the track record to back it up.
Only people aiming for awards and recognition need apply!
• Working in a vibrant and growing creative department, you will be responsible for developing initial concepts,
adding value and crafting the art direction of the publishing projects, and creating a range of stunning,
• Candidates should be able to show a portfolio that demonstrates outstanding editorial design ability,
a keen eye for typography and that quirky "little something extra" which will catch our eye!
• You will be proactive and hungry for success, with an infectious enthusiasm for design and the desire
to be brilliant.
Skills & Qualifications:
• You will preferably have at least 5-10 years’ experience from award-winning magazines, newspapers
or design agencies.
• Great design skills with a curiosity for all sort of multi-platform interactive content
• Mastery of Adobe CS Suite
• Experience in print and editorial design
• A keen eye for detail
• Well executed work with typography
• Excellent ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work quickly and effectively to tight deadlines is a must
• An outstanding, versatile portfolio that demonstrates the ability to create clean, corporate design
What we offer:
Basic (first year) salary of £36,000. In addition, Raconteur offers healthcare and dental insurance.
20 days holiday per annum.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please email your CV and portfolio to Natalia Rosek,
Head of Production, Ccontact mail.