Health Quality Ontario (HQO) is the provincial advisor on the quality of health care in Ontario, evaluating the effectiveness of health care technologies and services, providing evidence-based recommendations, reporting
to the public on the quality of the health system, and supporting the spread of quality improvement throughout
Health Quality Ontario is building an exciting team to support our vision for improving quality across our health care system and is looking for a Graphic Production Artist to join the Communications Team. Reporting to the Director, Communications, the Graphic Production Artist will lead the development of a range of products in various categories, including print and digital publications, marketing collaterals, simple graphics and infographics and image selection and correction. The Graphic Production Artist will work closely with members of the Communications Team, including the Graphic Designer, to understand project requirements and produce products that meet the needs of HQO’s branches, executing all stages of the project cycle, estimating the scope and time a project will require from production to delivery.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO?
The Graphic Production Artist will be responsible for:
• Managing the production of various English and French documents related to our new Quality Standards program.
• Consulting with Communications team colleagues to discuss and determine requirements and specifications for the projects they oversee.
• Working with Communications team colleagues to ensure projects are properly approved and vetted prior to proceeding with production and print.
• Making editorial corrections to graphic design files, working with editors and writers to clarify requirements and resolve issues.
• Ensuring compliance with all requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act relevant to graphic design including creating accessible PDFs.
• Ensuring adherence to brand standards.
• Producing accurate print-ready / digital files in a timely manner for approval and execution from an approved concept to final production including but not limited to: typesetting, image selection and cropping, layout, retouching photographs and running press approvals.
• Developing and maintaining positive relationships with Communications Team, including a Graphic Designer, internal and external stakeholders to ensure deliverables are effectively coordinated and issues are resolved.
• Managing and tracking requests, requisitions and other documentation requiring circulation and approvals.
• Leveraging excellent written and oral communications skills to facilitate daily communications with internal stakeholders, responding to all queries and feedback and providing additional supports in response to requests.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
To be considered for this opportunity, you will have:
• Post-secondary certification in Digital and Print Production, Graphic Design or related fields.
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in a graphic production role.
• Experience working in a government environment or agency is preferred.
• Experience working in a communications team is preferred.
• Familiarity with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
• Strong knowledge of design layout, production artwork and print production.
• Experience working on multiple projects under tight timelines.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with internal and external stakeholders.
• Expert level experience in Adobe Suite (specifically InDesign Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat)
• Advanced level experience in MS PowerPoint and strong skills in the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Proficiency in HTML considered a plus.
• Deep understanding of printing methods.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and strong ability to communicate effectively with people from
all walks of life.
• Excellent judgment in setting priorities, identifying issues and determining action required to deliver on goals; adept at balancing concurrent tasks and projects.
• Building relationships with stakeholders, internal clients, vendors and agency representatives to provide information and fulfill requests, clarify requirements, and ensure related issues are resolved.
• Proven organizational skills, attention to detail and pre-press experience.
• Ability to monitor the progress of vendors and external service providers, ensuring that deadlines are met
and established budgets are adhered to.
Duration: Regular, Full-Time
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a covering letter and resume to HQORes(at)hqontario.ca by 4:30 p.m.
on Wednesday, December 14, 2016, quoting competition number 2016-143 as well as their name.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Health Quality Ontario is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility
for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.
For additional information on Health Quality Ontario, please visit our website at www.hqontario.ca