Other Aitor Throup StudioBurnley, England, GB
Due to COVID-19 and the global pandemic we are understandably seeing many companies pause hiring at this time. We will continue to be here to help when needed and will be sharing jobs as and when they come in and keeping you up to date on the latest opportunities. Until then please stay safe and stay at home.
JUNIOR - MID-LEVEL DESKTOP PUBLISHER
A.T. Studio, the award winning design studio of acclaimed designer Aitor Throup and his directional menswear brand, is looking for a Junior - Mid-Level Desktop Publisher.
This role would be suitable for a graphic designer with an interest beyond design, or a design/art studio assistant with digital expertise.
We are looking for a technically proficient, motivated and driven individual with 6+ years professional experience working in multimedia. The candidate must be committed to producing a consistently high level of quality work across a broad range of media such as graphics, photography and video, for print and digital projects (Video editing, 3D and motion graphics knowledge is preferred but not essential).
We are looking for someone with tremendously high standards and attention to detail with the ability to accurately follow design briefs to execute work quickly and precisely in a fast-paced environment.
The role requires someone who is confident working on a project from start to finish, working closely with the Creative Director and external collaborators. The ideal candidate is a solid all round technical assistant with very strong DTP skills, a good eye for detail, retouching skills, and is also confident using a digital SLR camera and can edit video. This is a highly technical role which requires a candidate who is self-reliant and has experience prioritising a busy workload autonomously, managing their own schedule and creating work for interns and/or assistants.
- Following the clear direction set by the Creative Director to achieve clear and impactful content and assets.
- Following clear design guidelines to create a vast range of documents, components and various physical and digital assets.
- Preparing, cleaning-up and re-touching scanned artworks that retain the details and colours of the originals.
- Creating clear visual research documents following clear briefs.
- Ensuring the highest standard of work within the department and with external parties.
- Managing files and digital assets in a logically organised manner.
- Overseeing assistant/s and/or interns in the Graphic Design department, confidently and clearly managing and delegating tasks.
- Experience working in a photo studio, preparing and testing for photoshoots using an SLR camera and different lighting set ups and managing captured images is preferred but not essential.
- In-depth knowledge of the full Adobe suite (with a focus on Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign).
- Excellent photo editing / retouching skills.
- Photography skills with and understanding of camera and lighting set up preferable.
- Good knowledge and understanding of interactive media and the Web.
- Experience using 3D software (preferred but not essential).
- Ability to problem solve and use initiative to achieve results.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro (Sketch and Keynote skills are also preferred but not essential).
- Ability to work quickly under pressure to a consistently high level of accuracy and detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to self-assess and self-manage.
- Ability to respond productively to feedback.
- Fluent written and verbal English.
Salary dependent on experience.
How to apply
To apply, please send CV, cover letter and up-to-date portfolio of work (not exceeding 15MB) by email