Other AreawareBrooklyn, New York, US
Reports To: Chief Design Officer
Direct Reports: Marketing & Communication Manager, Digital Marketing & E-commerce Analyst, and Graphic Designer
The primary focus of the Brand Strategist is to develop, lead, and monitor the strategies across B2B and B2C channels. Responsibilities include establishing brand messaging, carrying out art direction, and overseeing all marketing initiatives. This individual should have an appreciation and understanding of the product design industry to develop messaging to core customers. There is cross-team communication and coordination with the Wholesale Manager, Operations, and Product Development Team.
- Establishes messaging across wholesale, e-commerce, press, digital marketing, and product development.
- Sets goals and strategies for omni-channel marketing efforts
- Oversees copywriting for brand statement, product descriptions, email messaging, and ad copy to align with overall company messaging goals.
- Sets and monitors KPIs throughout all e-commerce and marketing efforts in order to meet company revenue goals.
- Creates strategy for all paid and organic marketing, including product focus, messaging, creative, and audience targeting.
- Manages marketing and ad budgets, including paid social, photo shoots, and tradeshows.
- Performs art direction for web, social media, trade fairs, events, catalogs, product collateral, and product packaging.
- Establishes primary product focus for each season, aligning with seasonal messaging and inventory availability.
- Performs market research on product planning, pricing, and forecasting.
- Leads brand collaborations and special projects, including pop ups, special web offers, and brand partnerships.
- Oversees marketing and web calendar
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in brand or product management, ideally in home design.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent leadership skills with experience managing internal teams, agencies, and independent contractors.
- Ability to write quickly, accurately, and adapt to a brand voice.
- Ability to prioritize multiple high-priority tasks, manage your day-to-day schedule, and hit deadlines consistently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, creative, out of the box thinker and an ability to maximize a limited budget.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and comfortable navigating report data.
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of data and develop hypotheses which are both practical and effective.
- Understanding of SEO and SEM.
- Experience with Shopify, Klaviyo, Google Analytics, Google AdWords and Facebook Ad Manager is a plus.
- Positive self-starter who is willing to go above and beyond to make a difference in a growing organization.
- Well versed in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience in graphic and packaging design.
- Experience art directing and managing visual displays such as wholesale tradeshows, art exhibitions, and/or retail merchandising.
- Experience in video, branded content, experiential marketing, influencer marketing, and/or podcast marketing.
- Understanding of the Areaware customer and passion for the brand.
Please email a cover letter and your resume to contact mail.