Other Avant ArteLondon, England, GB
About Avant Arte
Avant Arte wants to make art radically more accessible for a new generation.
The company began as a cult Google Docs blog of contemporary artists, initially inspired through rap lyrics and hip-hop album covers. That blog grew organically into the world's biggest online art community, with over 2.1m followers, 1.7m of which are under the age of 35.
With digital engagement more than 4x the rest of the art world and in line with the biggest youth fashion brands of today, our vision is to inspire a generation of millions of young people who love art like they love music and who collect works like they build their wardrobe.
We collaborate with iconic contemporary artists like Jenny Holzer, Cai Guo-Qiang and the Chapman brothers, making their work more accessible to younger collectors through sculpture editions, print editions and unique works on paper. As well as success in attracting some of the most important artists in the world to our platform, our product launches are heavily oversubscribed, with many behaving more like fashion drops than art sales, selling out in under 30 seconds. Our most recent launch, with Taiwanese-American artist James Jean, sold out in under 10 seconds.
We’re a small team with really big ambitions, both for what we want to achieve and also the environment we’re building. We want to create a company that remains thoughtful as we scale and that tries to be genuinely progressive in how we operate; we want people to really own what they do and be given the autonomy and freedom to make mistakes, learn, and create something meaningful. We all really care about what Avant Arte is here to do – we’re looking for exceptional people that are proactive, hungry to learn, and want to put their pride in our collective achievements.
What we need
We’re looking for an extremely organised Creative Producer with a great eye and proven experience working with artists to produce exceptional works. Our Creative Producer will be at the heart of translating the idea of an artist collaboration into the reality of a project. Reporting into our Head of Production and Logistics and working closely with our Cofounder & Creative Director, you will also be critical to how we successfully manage our artist strategy and curator outreach, helping build our artist roster and a pipeline of exciting projects for the future.
We really do encourage everyone to proactively step outside of their job description if they see something that could be improved, but the core of your role will involve:
- Working with and coordinating between leading contemporary artist studios and world-class printing and production houses to create sculpture and print editions across numerous mediums
- Negotiating with producers to achieve best-in-class rates and service levels to ensure project budget guidelines are adhered to
- Working closely with our operations & sales teams, ensuring flawless and efficient handover of the production process at the right moment and clear communication of project and artwork details
- Working closely with our Cofounder & Creative Director to research, organise and diarise the different stages of our new artist outreach
- Becoming the main point of contact for our network of external curators who bring projects and new artist relationships to Avant Arte, ensuring proper organisation and management of this network, plus regular, clear communication with us.
The main skills we’re looking for are:
- Exceptional organisation: you are a highly competent multitasker who thrives when simultaneously coordinating multiple projects and conversations, all moving at different speeds, to stay one step ahead. You work best in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and relationship building: you have the ability to work sensitively with a diverse range of artists and their studios, adjusting your approach to suit each way of working
- Excellent creative eye: you have a great eye for strong design and are uncompromising about quality. You care maniacally about every last detail, whether on a production schedule or work of art.
We think you’ll probably have:
- Extensive experience of having managed many overlapping projects and conflicting priorities at once
- Experience of working with artists and their studios, tactfully delivering projects to deadline
- Good knowledge of the art world and current international landscape of contemporary artists
- Experience of managing production processes, such as print, design, fabrication and installation of art commissions
- A network of producers and fabricators, across fine art printing, mixed media and sculptural mediums would be a plus
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and general database management.
- You’ll get to be part of building one of the fastest growing tech companies in culture, backed by leading early investors in companies like Skype, Farfetch, Glossier & Facebook
- We offer competitive salary, equity & holiday allowance, as well as flexible working hours
- We have a learning & development budget for every person at the company.