Other BayerCreve Coeur, Missouri, US
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Design Studio Lead
Key tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Design Studio Lead, are to:
- Mentor and manage a small team of designers caring for their professional and personal development including, defining clear goals, prioritizing work, and creating an environment that fosters collaboration, trust, and respect;
- Identify opportunities for innovation and collaborate across teams and functions to invent something new;
- Organize and lead workshop experiences and facilitate colleagues through design led exercises;
- Foster team-building and collaboration by organizing design reviews, events, and knowledge sharing activities;
- Provide leadership in human-centered design (HCD) to our ways of working while expressing both confidence and empathy;
- Be able to identify frameworks within the HCD toolkit and/or create custom frameworks in order to most effectively approach a given challenge;
- Plan, organize, and execute multi-layered customer research initiatives;
- Analyze and share research findings with key stakeholders across IT/business;
- Facilitate product discovery and conceptual design workshops design sprints, journey mapping, codesign with product stakeholders from IT and the business;
- Express concepts by rapidly wireframing and prototyping scenarios using a combination of analog tools (whiteboards and sketchbooks) and digital methods (Sketch, Abstract, InVision, Adobe CC);
- Iteratively test these concepts with customers and share key findings with your team;
- Use empirical data and evidence-based research to nurture customer empathy and influence strategic decisions;
- Organize internal design critiques to solicit feedback from the team and improve your designs;
- Encourage and uphold high standards for our product experiences;
- Champion accessibility and industry design standards;
- Serve as an ambassador for Product Design within the org and in the broader design community.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum ten years of experience designing mobile and web-based software;
- Minimum of five years leadership experience;
- Strong working knowledge of interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills;
- Creative problem-solving skills;
- Working of knowledge of Sketch, Adobe CS, Axure (or other prototyping products);
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills;
- Passionate about human-centered design (HCD);
- The belief that collaboration makes for a better product and culture.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.