Other BlaBlaCarParis, Île-de-France, FR
Front-End Web Engineer
BlaBlaCar’s vision is to bring fairness, freedom and fraternity to the world of travel.
BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to create an efficient, affordable and friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 75 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale and truly sustainable transport network.
Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar’s ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer long distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, and since 2018 a marketplace bus service too. A filled bus emits one third of the emissions per passenger kilometer as an average car. So we want to fill those seats too!
In 2019, 90 million travellers used BlaBlaCar with an average distance of 263 km for a trip. Meanwhile we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one with 87% of members say that carpooling is an enriching experience.
BlaBlaCar offers a truly and unique international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 7 offices in Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo, Warsaw. English is the official spoken language across BlaBlaCar. We are privately-held and founder-led. Our team of 500 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate, and fundamentally mission-driven.
Why join us?
Along with 11 talented front-end engineers, you will contribute to the Single Page Application project which goal is to migrate our website out of our PHP monolith to a responsive web app in an API centric model. Our new stack includes state of the art web frameworks (ES6, TypeScript, React, saga, redux, jest, webpack, etc.) and server-side rendering with NodeJS.
We’re working in an agile way and are organized in front-end squads, focused on a given product scope (e.g. search, booking, ...).
What you will directly contribute to
- Enhancing and maintaining www.blablacar.com SPA complex technical stack: 3 million page views per day in 22 countries
- Developing and maintaining our new design system by challenging UX members and participating in product reviews
- Launching new features while keeping a high-quality codebase
- Finishing to migrate the BlaBlaCar website from a PHP monolith to a React single page application (95% of traffic already migrated)
- Optimizing the carpooling experience while integrating our new BlaBlaBus product
What you will need to be successful:
- Ability to modify and challenge a complex front-end web technical stack
- Experience in building and maintaining scalable and high-quality software
- Prior experience in TypeScript or back-end technologies such as Java, PHP Symfony, would be a plus
- Product-oriented spirit with the ambition to deliver the best experience to our members
- Fluent in spoken and written English, proficiency French is a plus
- A fun and serious attitude
A few practical details about the role:
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris HQ or remote from France
- Contract: Permanent contract (CDI)
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees
- The opportunity to have a meaningful impact, building a CO2-saving global travel network enabling strong human connections too.
- A strong “Fun & Serious” company culture
- An international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 7 offices around the world (Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo, Warsaw)
- State-of-the-art office spaces, in a great location
- A start-up spirit grounded in agility & teamwork
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- Bi-Weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn from each other
- Weekly Tech Demos, so that we’re all up to date with where our product stands
And some other great perks!
- Free carpooling and bus rides to live our value “Be The Member”.
- BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend every 18 months
- Possibility to work from another BlaBlaOffice abroad for a week once a year (BlaBlaSwap)
- The choice between the latest Mac or PC equipment
- Opportunity to attend Tech conferences in France and Europe
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below. You may upload your resume in French or English, in PDF format.
We will review your application within the next two weeks. If your profile fits our requirements, we will invite you for various interviews with our Talent Team.
Please note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team and that all your information will be kept confidential.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.