Other EtsyBrooklyn, New York, US
As an Etsy employee, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and make an impact in the lives of millions. Our commitments to diversity and inclusion, team culture and the spaces where we work all reflect our mission to keep commerce human.
The Etsy research team helps the company understand our community of buyers and sellers and ensures customers are central to our decision making. We’re organized around two core areas - UX Research to inform our product experience, and Market Research to inform our brand strategy across channels. Our insights are part of the vernacular at Etsy and play a key role in building confidence around product decisions, brand behavior and our business strategy.
The team is growing, and we’re looking to add new leaders to help shape our research practice. As a Product Research Manager at Etsy, you will lead a group of UX Researchers that partner with teams of product managers, designers, analysts, and engineers as they plan, test and refine great experiences for our buyers and sellers.
This position reports into the Head of Global Research. This role is ideally based out of our Brooklyn, NY office but is also open to remote work in all US states (except Alaska and Hawaii).
Some things you'll do:
- Lead a team of ~5 UX researchers, mentoring them on UX methods, prioritization and career development
- Guide researchers on study design and wide range of generative and evaluative methods, including mixed-methods planning with quant and market researchers
- Apply agile research techniques and explore new ways to deliver rich insights in a fast paced environment
- Collaborate and communicate in a way that amplifies the voice of our customers, ensuring that the teams’ insights are embedded and acted upon
- Run your own projects when the need arises
- Partner with other research managers to grow and develop the research team via our toolkit, talent, and socialization techniques
- Recruit and hire outstanding researchers and facilitate their onboarding experience
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience in product and user research, and has managed a team of researchers before, ideally at a dual-sided marketplace
- You have 2+ years previous research management experience developing and motivating a high performance UX research team, and enjoy mentoring others on how to progress in their careers
- You care deeply about understanding customer needs and delivering the best experience for them
- You lead by example, and have track record of influencing product decision-making with inspirational, action-orientated and high quality research
- You balance rigor and speed-to-learning, and guide your teams on research plans and methodologies that do the same
- You’re comfortable using a wide range of creative socialization techniques
- You triangulate data, and are able to spot trends and opportunities through synthesizing various qualitative and quantitative inputs
- You are a connector and build excellent internal and external relationships with key stakeholders
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.