Other I.S. GroupPeterborough, England, GB
3D Product Design Manager
The I.S. Group is an expanding group of companies that includes the largest mail order supplier of sundries to UK florists and Suki, a worldwide giftware and soft toy company. We’re looking for a dynamic and experienced Product Design Manager to lead a talented team of product and packaging designers at our Peterborough Head Office.
As a hands-on 3D Product Design Manager, you will take creative lead on projects, generate designs and guide the team with structured briefs and trend research. the You will be responsible for all product created for our group of companies, covering homeware, giftware, plush and floral sundries. This is a challenging and highly satisfying role, with the Manager playing a key part in the success of the Design department.
- Researching trends and competitors
- Briefing the design team on the creative direction for each project
- Ensuring projects are delivered in the agreed timescales
- Supporting the team, encouraging creativity and provide training
- Regular product presentations to internal and external customers
- Working closely with our Purchasing Department
- Supplier and Trade Fair visits to the UK, Europe and the Far East
- 3D Product Design knowledge is essential
- Past evidence of designing a product from concept to POS
- An organised and forward thinking individual
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Outstanding motivational and leadership skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to present ideas effectively internally and externally
- Able to evaluate ideas of others
- First class CAD skills, especially Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following 3D packages is essential: FormZ, Solid Works, Blender or Cinema 4D
We offer a working environment where you are encouraged to share your experience to help improve processes.
If this sounds interesting, please send your CV by 14th August 2017 to:
Mario Larreta - Group Managing Director