Other Indian OceanLondon, England, GB
Design and planning assistant
Luxury outdoor furniture specialist Indian Ocean are recruiting a design and planning assistant; this is an exciting role for a candidate with ambition and experience to join us at a key time in the growth of the company. The role requires assisting the design and planning team by creating basic technical drawings and concept presentations. You should have excellent organisational skills and be a creative thinker with a passion for design and an interest in materials.
Excellent communication skills both written and spoken are essential and experience in either the furniture or luxury sector.
Main specific responsibilities:
- supporting and managing projects of the D&P team, assisting in the day to day tasks of the department
- producing drawings and concept presentations using Sketchup, InDesign and AutoCAD (if required)
- producing estimates and 3D and technical drawings for bespoke products (electric shades, kitchens, bespoke furniture)
- prioritising and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- working to deadlines, guiding subcontractors and suppliers to complete projects on time and achieve client satisfaction
- site visits for taking measurements and on site installation supervisions
- representing the company at exhibitions and in the showroom
- liaising with private and commercial clients with excellent product knowledge
- general help with the administration aspects of the D&P and sales process
Skills and experience:
- a relevant degree in design
- excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- minimum of 12 months’ professional experience in this sector
Excellent IT literacy with:
- AutoCAD (a bonus)
- Illustrator (a bonus)
Please submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button below.