Other INGParis, Île-de-France, FR
Front end developer engineer (digital bancassurance)
ING is currently entering a partnership with an Insurer to launch a digital bancassurance proposition. In line with ING's strategy, offering protection is a key next step in realizing our ambition to become the "go-to place for financial needs. Current statistics say there is <0.1% presence in the digital bancassurance channel and we believe ING can be the first to crack digital bancassurance, untapping great market potential. ING will shape the market with a digital, hyper customer-centric proposition. To make this global and scalable we will build a central delivery platform to unify analytics, propositions and customer experience. The customer experience will be offered along the themes Life, Travel, Assist, Motor, Home and Health, where we will combine the best of both banking and insurance.
About the job
We believe that business value is delivered by agile top engineers working together in high performing Biz/ Dev/Ops/Sec teams. For this proposition, squads will need to be set up still and the various disciplines would need to work together.
C&G is looking for enthusiastic Dev Engineers. Team-players that are technically passionate, proud of their craft, solution-focussed and broadly developed: able to design, develop, test, deliver and maintain high-quality software solutions for our customers.
As part of the partner selection, a lot of time and energy has been spent on understanding each other’s architectures, integration patterns and foreseen key features. As we are now kicking off the programme we are aiming to get a number of squads up and running which will start with the insurance partner integration, as well as the design thinking to get a first proposition out of the door. The goal is to learn fast and overcome impediments early in the process, so we can get the the next step, a central platform, up and running quickly in the iterations to come. Eventually this would need to be integrated in ING front end channels (web, mobile app).
- Analyze and develop new customer facing web applications for Symphony – with a strong focus on mobile devices.
- You are in constant dialogue with your tribe: you understand the goal of our business and work as a team of experts to find the most relevant solution for the customer’s needs.
- You are responsible for the technical design, development, testing and delivery.
- You are a team player who works together with other experts in your squad.
A colleague who understands the balance between working autonomously and working together. You listen and invest in others to achieve shared goals. You’re happy to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a front-end engineer, you definitely …
- are passionate about web development in general, with a keen interest in the future of the web: ES2018, Web Components, future Web API’s, CSS modules and beyond.
- see the difference between a nice web application and a great one that just nails all the details: animations, responsiveness, performance, design, pwa manifest, …
- have a strong opinion on JS frameworks, web tooling, native … be it positive or negative.
- take pride in applications you ship to production.
- You will stand out more if you’re experienced with some of the skills & tools below, but they are no hard requirements:
- Experience in a major front end framework: (P)React, Vue, Angular, Polymer come to mind.
- You not only want to learn about the future of the web, you want to be the future of the web.
- The more these words mean something to you, the better: Jenkins, Ansible, TFS, Artifactory, Gitlab, Node, Visual Code, Redux, PWA, Lighthouse, Grunt, Polymer-CLI, REST, GraphQL, React-Native, Maven, Java, Scala, …
- The mindset to join agile driven projects in a DevOps squad and energized to prove that agile can also be applied to a complex and regulated environment.
- You have an excellent written and spoken knowledge of English
- Domain knowledge in digital retail banking or insurance is an asset
This will be a challenging work environment with extensive, innovative developments. We are learning every day.