Other PwCManchester, England, GB
[ Design Studio Manager ]
Sales and Marketing is a centralised support function and covers all aspects of professional services marketing, sales support and business development. The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm’s market strategy and in particular to ensure:
- We innovate every day
- We are inclusive by default
- We deliver commercial impact with purpose
- We tell stories that inspire
Who we are looking for
We have identified the need for an experienced Design Studio Manager to drive the overall creative standards on some of our highest profile creative work. As a hands on manager you will lead and mentor a small team of designers and help shape key deliverables across a wide variety of channels. The team focuses on our highest profile work and helps bring them to life creatively with a key focus across presentations, reports, proposals and client deliverables. You’ll be supporting the development and implementation of the firm’s sales and marketing strategy and in particular to deliver, revenue, growth and enhance the PwC brand.
You will lead a team based in our Manchester office, the role reports into the Creative and Visual Lead based in London. The team helps shape PwC’s creative design needs, which are widening in their scope and the use of new digital channels to attract new audiences. The team is responsible for formatting and design of both client facing and internal documents and presentations. You will help produce, manage and drive the artwork being produced by the current team across print, screen, digital and social media.
As a multi-skilled manager you’ll be well skilled to create impactful artwork across different platforms from using PowerPoint and Google to create presentations, to motion graphics for social media graphics, to crafting illustrations to bring our campaigns to life. You’ll bring new insights, knowledge of current trends, creative ideas and challenging our people to produce work to the highest standards. No creative challenge will be too much for you and you’ll manage designers to help push the PwC brand into new digital spaces.
You will work as part of a wider creative and visual team and work in unison with fellow design managers to drive creative standards across the group. Sharing knowledge, resources, experience, processes, creative ideas and suggestions across the group. You will work to find creative and ways of working improvements within all pillars of the creative and visual team.
The role will play a key part within the Creative Centre of Excellence and part of PwC’s in-house creative team within the Sales and Marketing function. A core team of 35 people, including designers, video producers and project managers delivering highly creative design solutions to the UK and global firms.
- You’ll be responsible for line managing and leading other designers, of various experience levels, ensuring you drive the quality of the creative work produced, challenge ideas and develop your designers to be world class. You will own and facilitate work flow for the team, working with project managers, creative services and other team leads.
- You will be forward focused, able to inspire designers and work at the highest level of design. Mentoring of less experienced designers, coaching and developing their skills and career path.
- You will be responsible for consulting with the business alongside other team members, often leading the conversation, to help them articulate best practices on their projects.
- As a hands on manager you will be responsible for producing a variety of artwork and able to bring them to life across PwC branded and client deliverables. From reports, presentations, event material, brochures, illustrations, interactive projects, social media assets, digital proposals and animations.
- You’ll help support other designers, of various experience levels, to drive the quality of the creative work produced, challenge ideas and work to be world class.
- You will be taking briefs from clients, challenging and questioning clients as appropriate. Able to discuss appropriate options for design and advising clients of best use of graphics whilst adhering to brand guidelines.
- You will be required to work using PwC and client branded guidelines and have relevant experience to solve creative problems within an established brand infrastructure.
- You will have excellent layout skills, using grids and structure to build documents that are aligned with precision.
- You will have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills in order to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships with key clients and contacts from all levels of PwC.
- You will have the opportunity to work across all lines of service and industries in the UK, as well as to collaborate with a range of PwC people, developing relationships and making yourself a valued member of PwC.
- You will have excellent attention to detail to proof your team’s work and set a high standard with your own work. Ensuring we uphold brand and industry standards across all formats of work.
- Take ownership of client enquiries, proactively solving client issues and resolving or escalating as appropriate.
- Proven experience of exact reporting to improve and evaluate the operations of the design team.
- You will be part of a team that helps drive the aspirational Creative Centre of Excellence. Your role will be to help deliver this vision by thinking bigger, better, bolder and innovating as necessary.
- Outstanding conceptual and graphic design skills and an ability to demonstrate and apply a sound knowledge of the firm’s corporate identity. You will also need to see projects through and have your own design projects.
- Proven ability and experience of leading high volume design teams and influencing behaviour to deliver positive outcomes.
- You will be skilled in the complete Adobe Creative Suite. An expert in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop. Have experience in After Effects, Premier Pro, Rush and XD. Deep working experience of PowerPoint and Microsoft Word. Experience of using GSuite (Slides, Sites and Docs) an advantage.
- Drive improvements in the team’s creative processes and capabilities. With a strong attitude to teamwork and professional development.
- The role will suit someone who is calm under pressure, highly organised and methodical and able to make informed decisions rapidly and accurately.
- A solid experience of integrated business campaigns is essential as your work will cover print, digital, video and event design delivering brand / marketing collateral across B2B audiences.
- You have a portfolio that displays an excellent track record of inventive and compelling creative work across print and digital mediums.
- You’ll be expected to use our internal training systems to continuously up-skill yourself and your team and develop your understanding of the firm’s strategy to meet its future needs.
- Show a deep passion for graphic design, typography, motion graphics, creativity and delivering excellent client service.
- Solid design skills, significant experience and / or a relevant qualification
When submitting your CV, please can you also either attach your portfolio or a link to your website where it can be viewed
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we’re open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity