Other Rotor StudiosSydney, New South Wales, AU
[ Front End Developer ]
We're looking for an experienced Front-End Developer who can fit into our existing UX team, and together build more amazing designs and interfaces using the latest tech, on some truly unique projects. You'll have to be intimately familiar with HTML/CSS and the latest standards, you'll have great JS and React skills, and know how to get around cross-browser compatibility issues.
You will have worked extensively with ReactJS and maybe RxJS, CSS tools like Bootstrap, LESS or SASS, and you should be comfortable using the usual workflow tools like Git, npm and webpack.
It would be useful if you've got design experience, although not an absolute necessity. An interest in VR/AR, WebGL and three.js would be an advantage too, as most of our projects involve some of these technologies.
We work using Agile processes, so familiarity with tools like JIRA is a big bonus. We love to collaborate - sharing knowledge means we get the best solutions - so you should be confident in presenting ideas, and comfortable with taking suggestions and concepts from others.
- Strong HTML/CSS (LESS/SASS)
- Strong ReactJS
- Toolset experience: git, npm, webpack
- Experience with CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Responsive design and mobile-first design implementation
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Nice to have/not crucial
- Experience deploying web apps to AWS
- Experience using Docker
- Experience developing in node.js
- Experience with SOAP APIs
- Design Skills and usability optimisation
- Strong attention to detail
- Principled but pragmatic
- Love to automate repetitive tasks
- Naturally collaborative
- Sees problems and uses initiative to go and solve them
Perks of working at Rotor
- Flexible working hours = a great work / life balance
- Fresh fruit and other snacks EVERY DAY
- Super friendly and always approachable management team
- Beer / cider / wine o’clock on Friday afternoons
- Team lunches / dinners
- Education and training so you’re constantly learning
- Company wide event nights - bowling & karaoke are favs!
Salary: $80k-$120k per annum, dependent on skill level and experience.
Rotor Studios is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Please note, unfortunately due to the high volume of applicants we are not accepting phone calls about this role.
A note to recruitment agencies - we have this role covered; there is no need to get in touch. We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thanks!