Other SnookLondon, England, GB
[ Delivery Manager ]
Applications Close: 18 December 2019
Hours: 37.5 hours (flexible)
Closing date: Strongly recommend early applications – we will interview candidates on a rolling basis (12 noon, Wednesday 18 December)
Snook are on a mission to design a world that works better for people.
We work with organisations to design more effective services which help people thrive. We do this with our design team, engaging with users, building digital products, training our clients, and much more.
This year, we’re ten years old. In the past five years we’ve more than doubled in size to a team approaching 40 people, opened a new London studio, and worked with brilliant clients — from Cancer Research UK to Hackney City Council, Tesco to the Scottish Government.
About the Role
This is a new role at Snook, so you’ll have the opportunity to develop and grow into the role. You’ll be responsible for overseeing the delivery of projects large and small. You’ll be responsible for helping run the rhythms and rituals of our projects helping project leads and directors deliver on time, on budget and to high standards. You’ll also support the Directors with project resourcing and scoping of deliverables.
As a Delivery Manager, you’ll be experienced in agile and sprint based delivery on a diverse range of projects. This will range from consultancy projects, designing cutting-edge public services to software development where we build the tools to support service design. You’ll have excellent project management skills, know when to challenge and when to listen, and be able to come up with and spot good ideas. You’ll be able to build relationships with clients at a senior level.
You’ll be responsible for:
- delivery management on a diverse range of projects, with responsibility for leading multiple projects at any given time
- agile project, product and delivery management, ensuring our projects are delivered on time and meet client requirements
- helping to shape how Snook learns and applies the best and latest agile thinking in all that we do, in product development, service and organisational design
- contributing to project strategy; helping shape the direction and vision of projects
- managing the rhythms and rituals of a multidisciplinary design team, helping the team collaborate, communicate and learn throughout delivery
- inspire the teams you work with and be excited by the projects you manage
- supporting Snook’s senior management team in operational matters like project resourcing and quality control
- communicating about Snook and our work through writing blog posts, representing our work at sector events and when meeting with stakeholders
- stakeholder management at all levels in an organisation
We’re keen to hear from a range of applicants, not just those who have worked in the design or creative industries.
You should be able to demonstrate that you are able to meet some, or all, of the following requirements:
- a track record of planning and managing projects in an agile environment, ensuring that projects keep within time and budget
- a range of experience in designing and delivering change, both in delivering new services and building technology that supports those services
- coaching others in new ways of working and approaching agile delivery
- able to see the bigger picture, take people through a process of decision-making and change, help the teams manage risks
- interest in digital technology and how it can be applied to services and organisations
- the confidence to operate in a fast-paced environment
- the ability to think laterally, to look to the outside for inspiration, and to be creative in developing new solutions
Most importantly, you’re looking to join a lovely team and support us in delivering great design work. Definite bonus points include an appreciation for gifs and bad puns.
What we offer
- Snook offer a competitive salary, 29.5 holidays per year (including public holidays), additional annual Christmas closure and a supportive maternity leave policy.
- We provide an annual training budget for external opportunities – from talks and conferences to more bespoke hands-on training.
- We respect that people have commitments and provide flexible working hours through discussion.
- We have an annual team-away retreat for us to come together as a company, taking time out to learn, reflect and eat snacks. We spend a Friday together every quarter as one studio to run show and tells.
- Every Monday morning, we have a team breakfast where we eat together and share our ambitions for the week ahead.
- We are an equal opportunity, Disability Confident and Living Wage Foundation employer.
- We have a bike to work scheme and free membership to HeadSpace the mental health app
- We support you with a Snook buddy when you join to get you started
How to apply
We strive for diversity in our team. If we’re going to design services for the public we need to ensure our team is diverse and inclusive. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ages.
The closing time and date for applications is 12pm on Wednesday 18 December.
Please submit a CV and a one-page cover letter by email, using the subject line: Hire me! Delivery Manager
In the cover letter, please tell us a little bit about yourself, why you would be a good candidate for the position, and why you want to work at Snook.
We will offer interviews at times that suit you, so if you have children, caring duties, or have to travel after work we’re happy to offer these at convenient times outside of work hours.
What happens next
We will ask potential candidates to come for a one-hour interview with us. If selected, you will receive information about who will be there and what we’re looking to chat about beforehand. We can support travel costs outside of London.