Other The Kew Workshop Company LtdIsleworth, England, GB
The Kew Workshop Company Ltd is a family run business that designs and builds stages and sets for corporate events including awards ceremonies, conferences, brand experiences and product launches.
We are seeking an experienced, motivated and hardworking Print Finisher/Artworker to join our team for an immediate start (August), initially for a six-month contract with potential for a permanent position to follow. The individual must have experience in the production of large format printing as well as competent graphic design skills.
Duties for this position will include designing and laying up of artwork/graphics, preparing files for print through to full production of large format printing to include laminating and finishing large format printed and cut self-adhesive vinyl graphics as well at paper and rigid substrate graphics.
- Must have experience in LARGE FORMAT digital print finishing including mounting, laminating, trimming, cut vinyl preparation.
- Be able to use mounting / laminating roll to roll machine.
- Fluent in Illustrator and Photoshop (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Familiar with printer RIP software (Versaworks ideally) and Roland printers.
- A keen eye for attention to detail and excellent organisational skills both in the office and onsite.
- Be able to work as part of a team but also be able to demonstrate working on one’s own initiative.
- An ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- A willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and Office Suite.
- Excellent communication oral and written communication skills.
The position is both office (Twickenham/Isleworth) and site based (usually London but some occasional travel required). Contracted hours will be Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5:30pm with additional paid overtime required during our busy periods.
The Kew Workshop Company is committed to developing staff members over time to progress them to more complex and demanding positions as their knowledge and experience grows.
A full UK Driving License is ideal but not essential.