UX Designer AmazonSeattle, Washington, US
We make Amazon more personal and human. We guide the vision and customer experience for Amazon’s core shopping UX, mobile shopping apps, and products such as Customer Reviews, Lists and Today's Deals. Our future-thinking projects push the bounds of what it means to shop and experience Amazon. We are designers, researchers, technologists, and inventors. We only hire the best, and the best get better by learning from each other. Most of all, we invest in each of our team members by helping them build their unique careers.
As the Senior UX Designer for Lists you will create highly usable, and delightful solutions for Amazon customers throughout the world. We need you to bring ideas to life that will make your customer's lives easier. You will contribute to a bold new vision for saving and hearting across Amazon. Your work will focus on mobile first, but you should be interested in expanding features to create true multi-device experiences that move with the customer from one device to another.
Responsibilities will include utilizing research and data to better understand the needs of your customers; designing fun, delightful and visually appealing experiences; collaborating with other designers, product managers, and engineers to launch innovative solutions; raise the bar for UX design within your team.
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree in Design, HCI or related field, or equivalent professional experience within the design field.
- 7+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role designing mobile, web, and/or other on-device applications.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating a history of creating customer-focused, simple and intuitive designs.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to present to and influence other designers, PMs, and senior executive management.
- Experience leading design projects in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team including designers, product managers, and software developers.
- Ability to define and drive your roadmap and requirements to reach your goals, with input from manager and other leaders.
- A desire and ability to work with and for a diverse group of colleagues and customers.
- Master's or equivalent degree in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience within the design field.
- Ability to deliver a long-term UX vision, with an iterative plan to actualize that vision over time in a rapid, iterative design and development environment.
- Experience charting a course forward for yourself and others in ambiguous or stressful situations.