UX Designer BBC WorldwideW12, London, England, GB
About the BBC Worldwide User Experience & Design (UX&D) team
We design BBC Worldwide digital experiences, from apps to websites. Our ace design team collaborate closely with product, editorial and technical teams from across the BBC Worldwide. Together we create elegant, delightful (not to mention award-winning) digital experiences on mobile, tablet, desktop and TV.
- Use a range of techniques to influence and adapt to situations
- Handle objections and challenge them constructively
- Deliver difficult messages effectively
Think creatively and analytically
- Simplify complex issues
- Gather and quickly distil information from a range of stakeholders
- Find innovative solutions
Strive to learn
- Pursue and embrace development opportunities for yourself
- Be willing to accept new challenges to stretch your abilities
- Mentor/coach less experienced people
- Spot development opportunities for your colleagues and actively offer support
- Manage relations and teamwork
- Create and nurture strong relationships internally and externally
- Play an active part in team working
- Build bridges where they may not have existed before
- Treat people courteously
- Flex your communication style depending on whom you’re working with
- Strive for results
- Give that little bit extra
- Take ownership and responsibility
- Make a sustained effort
Plan and organise
- Set clear challenges and targets for your team
- Prioritise demand to make good use of resources
- Deal with issues effectively
The Ideal Candidate
Your portfolio’s full of consistently great work across different screens, be they mobile, connected TV, tablet or desktop. Now you’re ready to take all that experience and expertise and use it to inspire others.
Yes, you can craft delightful designs. But you know improving user experiences isn’t just about grafting away at the drawing board. You take a broader view – approaching design conceptually and thinking about the whole experience across multiple screens.
You might tend towards wireframes, user flows and personas. Or layout, colour and typography. And maybe you’ve got something special up your sleeve, like you’re a top illustrator, motion graphic designer or prototype builder. Our team’s made up of a diverse range of people, skills and experience, so we’d love to hear about you and yours.
Whether you learned your skills on a design degree or on the job, you’re comfortable using them to explain design concepts to anyone, no matter how senior or inexperienced. And you know how to balance what the user needs with what’s really achievable.
You’re enthusiastic, curious and full of ideas. You keep up to speed with the latest design trends and technology developments. And you’re constantly fascinated by what people really need, and how we can create the right experience to give it to them.