UX Designer CharityJobNorbiton, London, England, GB
This role is based either in our London office (Norbiton, KT27AZ) or remotely anywhere in the UK or Europe.
CharityJob is the UK’s no.1 job site for the charity and not-for-profit sector with over 10 million page views and 1 million visitors per month. Every year, thousands of people find their dream job through CharityJob, which connects the UK’s best charities with its brightest talent. As the first charity specialist job site, we have nearly two decades’ worth of insight, aligning passionate candidates with equally inspiring organisations.
Our teammates are talented people that come from a variety of backgrounds. We are committed to building an inclusive culture based on trust and kindness, which creates a good work environment that helps enrich both the product and the support we provide to our customers.
As a Product Designer at CharityJob, you’ll be joining our world-class product team in revolutionising how charities hire in UK. You will be working on one or more of our products that are: Applicant Manager (our applicant tracking system), CharityJob (our job board) and CharityConnect (our community for charity professionals). We’re lean and fast-moving, and we'll provide you with plenty of opportunities for growth.
Your tasks will include:
- Shaping great design solutions to our customer's problems/needs
- Validating and refining your solutions by speaking to customers
- Working close to the development team to find a good balance between technical feasibility and customer experience
- Running market and competitor research that will inform what we build and how we build it
- Booking and running interviews with our customers to find out what their workflow is and how it can be improved
- Presenting your designs and showing your design thinking to stakeholders such as the CEO, CTO, PM and developers
- Working with the leadership team to define the product roadmap
- Working with our Research Manager to define research initiatives and learn about customer habits
- Building and constantly improving our design system with the aim of creating consistent graphics and layouts
- Working with our Content Manager to ensure that all designs feature great, compelling copy
We are a global team with a global mindset, cherishing and protecting diversity as one of our core values. We are always looking to diversify the talent in our team and with that in mind would encourage applications from all backgrounds.
- 2+ years of experience in building web-app software products.
- A great portfolio of relevant projects to show us.
- Ability to build interactive prototypes that enable you to validate your solutions, fast.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical reasoning, and systems thinking.
- Team oriented personality.
- It is a plus if you have been working on SaaS products.
- It is a plus if you have experience building HR software.
- Salary of £40 - 50k depending on your experience.
- Generous employer pension contribution.
- Career progression and development.
- We let our teammates invest time to learn new skills to apply to their work that can benefit the product and the community.
- An open and democratic work culture where everyone can contribute, learn and teach.