UX Designer CollibraBrussels, Brussels Capital, BE
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
Collibra is looking for a passionate user experience designer, to help us create a good delightful, consistent and - most of all - user-friendly experience across our products.
A day in the life of a UX Designer at Collibra:
- You will join a fast growing multidisciplinary product team (Product Managers, Business Analysts, UX Architects and Designers)
- You will make the user’s voice heard, as you assist a cross-functional team with implementing your product recommendations and designs.
- You put your design skills to work to help translate rough product ideas and sketches to user-friendly solutions. You use our design pattern library, mockups and prototypes to communicate these to the team.
- You will work closely with your colleagues to ensure a consistent, user-friendly design across our products.
Why we need you:
- You have the curiosity to dive deep into an industry and learn it quickly. It is easy for you to understand complex systems and tasks, and you have the instinct for simplifying these into intuitive flows and interfaces.
- You are familiar with user research, and know how to validate your designs internally with your stakeholders, and externally with our customers.
- You have an eye for typography and space, and enjoy making things look nice and professional. You’ll happily and consistently apply a design system, which - of course - you help grow as well.
- You know how to create a prototype and will use the best tool for the job at hand: low-fidelity sketches, clickable high-fidelity mockups, or HTML/CSS.
- You are fluent in English, and you can easily and professionally communicate your ideas and designs to your team and stakeholders.
- You are a team player. You are not afraid to express your views to the team, and you welcome their feedback and ideas.
- You can showcase an impressive working knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch, and an exceptional attention to detail.
- You create extraordinary sketches and designs, which you improve and fine-tune through iteration.
- You are quick and efficient at gathering feedback: from hallway usability testing to full blown (remote) usability sessions.
Additional skills, interests and experiences we'd love you to bring:
- You know your HTML, CSS and JS, and you can help fix a visual bug
- Experience working at a SaaS company
- Experience with accessibility requirements (WCAG 2.0, Section 508, …)
- Experience user analytics tools (Google Analytics, Pendo, Amplitude, …)
- Knowledge of information architecture, data quality and governance
- Familiarity with reporting tools such as Qlik, Power BI and Tableau, or first-hand experience working with Data Scientists, Data Owners and other Data Citizens
- Affinity with the Financial Services or Healthcare industries
Why you want us:
- opportunities to improve your knowledge and skills by attending workshops, trainings and events
- a friendly and fast-growing environment where your input will be valued and your growth will be fostered
- flexible hours- quality > quantity
- a spacious office easily accessible from Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent, etc. and a company car (+ fuel card) to get you there
- did we mention happy hour?
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- the joy of working closely with enthusiastic customers who love to give input and feedback through our beta programs, the User Participation Program and customer meetups.
- a MacBook pro
- and of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package