UX Designer Disperse.ioLondon, England, GB
We are looking for a passionate and proactive UX & UI designer with a passion for great products and digital technology. If you are passionate about creating and testing innovative design solutions across product and business development, eager to learn and aren't afraid of diving straight into design challenges, this role is a great opportunity for you to grow and build your design skills in an exciting entrepreneurial environment.
This is a hands-on opportunity to work with the product team and build a solution that will transcend an entire industry. You will mainly focus on shaping the UX/UI of our digital product and its data visualization features. Beyond this there will also be ample opportunities to work with our Business Development and Marketing teams as a vanguard of our brand and design language so a flexible ‘can-do’ attitude is a must.
As part of the role, you will receive exposure to many areas of the business from product, branding, marketing to business development as well as learn how to build and grow a design team and system. You’ll be working alongside a range of different teams with lots of responsibility and ownership from day one, and get unique first-hand experience around what it takes to embed human-centered design into artificial intelligence-based solutions. Throughout your time with us, you have the opportunity to receive regular mentoring and coaching from different members of the team to make your experience at Disperse the best it can be.
This is an opportunity to join in at the start of something new, and if you prove to be a great fit after 4-months, we’ll happily convert you to an equitable full-time position.
Desired start-date: as soon as possible
You are welcome to apply for this internship if you meet the following requirements:
- You are ambitious and passionate about creating something meaningful
- Demonstrated passion and interest for UI/UX design and its latest trends
- You are available for an immediate start and excited towards converting to a full-time position at the end of the programme
- You own a portfolio that can take us on a design expedition of at least one project and give us an insight on your decision making skills
- Understanding of design process and thinking with demonstrative examples
- Good to great knowledge of/Sketch/Figma/Indesign/Illustrator/Photoshop/ Invision
- Interest in disruptive technologies;
- Flexible attitude and willingness to learn different methods of design and agile working
- Preferably one or two years of life/work experience;
- UK work permit available
Advantageous but not essential:
- Fluent in another language
- Previous experience in a start-up environment
- HTML & CSS knowledge
- Pro-rata salary of £20,000 per annum for internship period (4-6 months), £30,000 - £34,000 per annum plus generous option package after transition to a full-time role after 4-months, depending on experience-level
- Open and transparent culture
- Opportunity to join a talented seed-stage startup with proven traction early in its journey
- Possibility to convert into a full-time position with share options and full-time salary tier
- Regular mentoring and feedback
The interview process will involve:
A review of your application and portfolio; A two-way 15-minute chat where we both can find out more about each other; Homework assignment for us to get a sense of how you tackle problems; On-site (where possible) two-way technical and cultural chat with the team.
This process should take around two weeks, depending on diaries.