UX Designer FractureAlachua, Florida, US
What's the gig?
We’re looking for a talented Senior UI Designer to join our team and create best-in-class E-Commerce designs. You should have an eye for clean, artful design and possess superior UI skills. We’d also want you to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and components which are transformed into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user-facing applications, websites, and consumer products with an E-Commerce focus. If you’re the right fit, you’ll understand the nuance between UI and UX design, have a creative yet organized approach to tackling problems, and creating solutions and be the person on the team that stays on top of what’s hot and what’s not. Lastly, you’ll have a keen understanding of development practices with a strong sense of how users view and interact with applications, websites, and interfaces and the level of effort needed to turn your visual concept into a functional product.
Here's what you'll be doing
- Collaborate cross-functionally to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience.
- Work closely with copywriters, UX designers, and developers to carry designs from concept to final implementation and design QA.
- Create wireframes, mockups, animations, and high-fidelity designs.
- Plan and implement new designs as well as optimizing and refining existing user interface designs.
- Create responsive designs for multiple contexts and device types (desktop, mobile, tablet).
- Manage and scale design libraries and design systems with adherence to brand identity requirements.
- Prepare and present working prototypes regularly to internal teams and key stakeholders for feedback and user testing.
- Present and defend design decisions. All design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Ensure deliverables are detailed enough for implementation through a deep understanding of modern FED (e.g. dynamic content, checkout scenarios, form behavior, etc)
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Communicate cross-functionally to understand business & department goals and objectives.
- Mentor junior UI & Visual Designers, providing training and support.
What’s it take to be successful?
- Expert understanding of UI; latest design and technology trends and their role in a commercial environment.
- Expert knowledge of responsive design and mobile UI.
- Advanced experience with Figma.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe range of products focusing on Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Advanced demonstrable experience building, maintaining, and scaling design systems.
- Advanced understanding and demonstrable application of Atomic design principles.
Required to be considered for the position
- BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience;
- A strong portfolio demonstrating 10+ years of experience with a breadth of UI design capabilities.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to present solutions to teammates, executives, and large groups.
- Ability to see the goal, define the finish line, and break down the process into smaller, executable tasks.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment, with the ability to work independently and self-directed when necessary.
You may also be known as a...
- UI/UX Designer
- Product Designer
- Visual Designer
- Web Designer
- Front End Designer
A few more details
- Work remotely: Yes - also option to relocate to Florida
- Salary Range: $80,000 - $110,000 DOE. Negotiable based on candidate's experience.
- Fracture HQ: Fracture, 13000 Tech City Circle, Alachua, FL 32615
- Relocation Assistance: Yes, for Continental USA candidates only.
- Work Eligibility: Must be eligible and authorized to legally work in the United States and does not now or in the near future require sponsorship.