UX Designer FuncomOslo, NO
We have been around for 26 years, we have been in the early days of MMOs. We are the team behind Conan Exiles. We make games with an edge, and we have a great time doing it!
Funcom is seeking a UX/UI designer to join our Oslo studio, working on a new open-world survival multiplayer game using the DUNE IP from Legendary Entertainment. We offer you a job in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
As a UX/UI Designer at Funcom, you will need to collaborate with Design, Art, and Engineering staff to improve the usability of live products and craft the user experience of products still in development. In this position, you will be expected to work independently and manage your own time to ensure deadlines are met. We are therefore looking for someone that is self-driven and can work with a high level of autonomy.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 3+ years of experience as a UX/UI Designer, with a portfolio demonstrating expertise and the ability to create distinct looks and styles
- A deep understanding of UX / UI Design
- Strong Graphic Design skills and knowledge about icon design
- Experience prototyping new interfaces quickly for both PC and console with minimal supervision
- Proficiency using Adobe CC suite of tools
- Proficiency using Adobe Animate
- Ability to communicate effectively in multidisciplinary teams
- Experience using Unreal Editor
- An avid interest for making and playing videogames on PC and/or console
About the Company:
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are willing to relocate to Oslo
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Average response time is 1 week.