UX Designer GoProIssy-les-Moulineaux, Île-de-France, FR
GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From Bucharest to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
Interested in joining our UX Software Design team? At GoPro, our design team is focused on designing exceptional software experiences including; web, desktop and mobile products.
GoPro UX Software Design is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to help drive the future design of our editing experiences. You will apply your expertise to lead immersive design experiences that enable our customers to create content they love.
You will use design system thinking as well as attention to detail to craft innovative interactive experiences with an emphasis on user-centered design methodologies. You will work in collaboration with the design team and partners on product, engineering, leadership and others to ensure the best end-user experiences and help drive alignment across teams.
You will be involved in all phases of software product development and deliver compelling design deliverables including interactive prototypes and pixel perfect assets. You will also present your work across partner teams and leadership to help drive alignment. You should have experience conducting or working with user research, building interactions, prototyping and presenting designs with a high standard for polished deliverables.
Candidates should possess exceptional design, creative problem solving and presentation skills with a great sense of aesthetics and user centered design principles. We work in a fast-paced environment with an entrepreneurial spirit. The majority of the work will be focused on innovating original and creative work with a focus on quality deliverables and solutions that will work in the real world.
- You will work alongside design and product to creatively hone the vision and detail for our editing customer experiences within the GoPro ecosystem
- Partner with fellow designers and product to define what work needs to be done and how. Execute on the vision to create quality interactive and visual designs as needed
- Be a subject matter expert and leader who can work cross-functionally and influence product design at various levels of the organization
- Balance requirements from product, business, engineering and design to create quality customer experiences
- Support existing design processes and collaborate within the design team to develop a cohesive design language and patterns across the GoPro ecosystem
- Recommend best UX strategy and solutions based upon customer feedback, business goals, user research and design standards to help guide improvements to existing designs, identifying challenges and adapting as needed based upon customer needs and context
- Contribute to the advocacy and adoption of a unified design system, foster the sharing and defining of UX design patterns and standards within the design team
- Set an example and create opportunities to foster collaborative cross-discipline design work. Drive UX team delivery excellence, furthering internal and external UX and customer goals
- Deliver quality design artifacts including: user flows, journeys, interaction models, information architecture, prototypes and polished design assets
- Bachelor’s degree in user interface design or related fields such as HCI, user experience design, human computer interaction or equivalent
- 5+ years experience working on software product design and development
- An available online portfolio of work demonstrating your experience creating user-centered design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes) and solid visual designs (mockups and style guides) across multiple platforms and devices
- Experience designing consumer focused mobile applications and working closely with cross-functional teams including; design, research, product, developers and QA
- Experience with video editing software
- Experience working across all phases of product design and development
- Ability to work across multiple products simultaneously
- Experience generating user journeys, flows, storyboarding, prototypes, polished pixel perfect designs and thorough understanding of responsive design
- Experience creating interactive prototypes and motion design deliverables for a variety of devices
- Use and contribute to design systems, advocate for consistency while allowing for innovation
- Strong understanding of visual design principles
- Proficiency in a variety of standard design tools such as Figma, Sketch and InVision
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Content Strategy skills
- Basic knowledge of development technologies
- Fluency in English and French
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Subsidized lunch and snacks galore
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage (Health-premium paid for 70% by GoPro)
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
GoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.