UX Designer GripLondon, England, GB
Who are we?
Grip is the world’s leading AI-powered event networking solution based in London, UK. We empower professionals with quality business interactions at events across the globe.
At its core, our proprietary technology drives intelligent recommendations through Grip’s self-learning matchmaking engine. We work with the biggest and most exciting event organisers in the world, such as Informa, ITE, Reed Exhibitions, Amazon, ING Bank, The Guardian and many others.
Our backers are well-known investor heavyweights, such as Brent Hoberman (CEO and Founder at Lastminute.com, Made.com, Founders Factory), Arnaud Massenet (Co-Founder at Net-a-Porter) and David Helgason (Founder at Unity Technologies).
To achieve our business goals and make our platform even more pleasurable for people to use we're looking for a full-time UI/UX Designer to join our team.
About the position:
Grip is a complex platform with three web interfaces (marketing website, event organiser dashboard & event participant experience) as well as native mobile apps. In your role as UI/UX Designer, you’ll be responsible for providing a consistently delightful experience across all of them.
While Grip has over 20 employees, the platform has so far still been designed by the Founder/CEO. Your role will be to take our design to a completely new level and really make it stand on its own, create a design system, define what Grip means from a design perspective and really elevate the user experience together with our Engineering Product and Operations teams with you in the lead.
We’re looking for someone that can make smart UX decisions and turn complex flows into simple interactions. Grip is used for a wide range of people from 500 person conferences with a tech-savvy audience to 50,000 trade shows in manufacturing for example. The challenge and exciting thing will be to create a product that is simple and beautiful for all those user groups.
- Solve complex interaction problems and define the user experience of new features from initial ideas to production-ready designs.
- Significantly enhance the UI and UX of the current interfaces and take bold but calculated decisions on how they can be improved.
- Be the voice of the user and drive the UX decisions in a cross-functional team to ensure usability, consistency, and continuity across our product
- Partner closely with Engineering and Product Management to build and ship experiences that delight our users.
- Take feedback from operations and sales to create delightful experiences that take all their needs into consideration but still deliver an opinionated product.
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of related professional experience, leading design initiatives and strategy on consumer or enterprise experiences.
- A portfolio that demonstrates great UX knowledge (Information Architecture, Usability, Prototyping, Design process, etc) and sharp, up-to-date UI skills.
- Unafraid to ask questions and communicate effectively and openly, working across teams and directly with stakeholders across the organization.
- You have convictions, but you are flexible to change your opinion if a better option, backed by good reasoning, arises.
- You are excited about tackling complex UI and UX challenges but are also equally comfortable working on illustrations, icons, motion and the occasional sales deck.
- To be able to design autonomously in a responsive, fluid environment and have experience working in agile and fast-paced surroundings.
- High proficiency with prototyping and visual design software, including Sketch or Figma.
- We use Sketch with Zeplin for developer handoff at the moment but you’re in charge and pick your own tools.
- Opportunity to take lead in shaping an entire industry through AI
- A world-class team of sales, operations, product and engineering
- Bi-monthly outside work activities
- Kind, fun and ambitious company culture
- Competitive salary at a fast-growing startup
- We're partly London-based and partly remote, we're open to either!