UX Designer LovedBy DesignManchester, England, GB
At LovedBy Design we want to improve society by making people’s lives better, simpler and smarter through design, data and technology.
We are currently looking for a UX Designer to join us as at LovedBy Design in Manchester. This is a great opportunity for someone who is genuinely excited by being an integral part of a team.
You will be working across multiple projects that span product and service. Alongside researchers, service designers, strategists and data scientists. We like to co-locate with our clients and travel will be required.
Inform aspects of user-centred design including information architecture, task analysis, user flows, content hierarchies, interaction design, prototypes, personas, mental models, task flows, rapid prototyping and usability testing
Leverage user research insights and business strategy to help create informed and innovative web/mobile/tablet concepts and drive them to completion
Collaborate with researchers on conducting user research and validation
Involvement in workshops, research and testing
Making sense of the balance between business objectives and customer needs
Develop and produce artefacts across the full design spectrum as required by projects (sketches, prototypes, storyboards, annotated wireframes, experience maps and narrative)
Be the voice of user experience in mixed discipline teams of researchers, service designers, and technologists
Be able to lead and stimulate discussions about design concepts and approaches, demonstrating an ability to think creatively
Eloquently and simply present, explain and justify design solutions and decisions to multidisciplinary teams
Experience and skills
- 3+ years of experience
- Ideally a relevant degree or training – HCI, Interaction Design, Usability or Cognitive Psychology
- Good experience and competency across a wide range of design tools, design software, techniques, UX methodologies and processes – and know when to use them. You have broad experience across the full design spectrum but deep specialist knowledge of UX design and always ensure the highest quality output, rooted in a deep understanding of your audience
- Experience of working in an Agile/Lean UX environment with Designers and Product Managers
- Demonstrable knowledge and passion for user-centred design practices for web, service or software development
- Working knowledge of prototyping tools such as Sketch, Marvel, InVision, and Framer
- Involvement in workshops, research and testing
- Making sense of the balance between business objectives and customer needs
- Organised and self-motivated
- Able to articulate your thinking
- Eager to learn and share
We are constantly improving our benefits package and looking after our people. Some of the benefits we currently offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Healthcare and pension scheme
- Generous holiday policy
- Team away days
Working at LovedBy Design
Our approach to service and product design puts customer needs at the heart of decision-making.
You should be excited by this and want to collaborate with a team of strategists, creatives and engineers that want to build lasting products. It’s important you have the appetite to work in a start-up environment and want to provide great service to our clients and the team around you.
So if the above description sounds like it could be for you and …
you are a great communicator and an even better listener
can keep on top of the finer details
pay close attention to the physical and digital world around you
want to work in an open and highly collaborative studio
don’t mind airing your opinion and asking people theirs
want to be part of a business that you can help shape, define and grow
… then this might be the right job for you.
We’re only interested in hearing directly from candidates