UX Designer Marley Spoon GmbHBerlin, DE
Head of Design & UX
We are looking for a Head of Design (HQ in Berlin) to lead Design at Marley Spoon. The ideal candidate is an experienced designer, thoughtful leader, and eager collaborator. If you are interested in developing breakthrough creative and designing user flows, we look forward to your application.
Marley Spoon brings delightful, market-fresh, and easy cooking back to the people. Our chefs create inspiring and mouthwatering recipes every week. Our customers select what they would like to cook and we deliver the recipes and all the ingredients they need. We are a growing Business across 3 continents, 6 countries, + 500 employees and use technology to re-invent the global food supply chain to reduce unethical food waste.
- Lead both Marketing and Product Design at Marley Spoon. Inspire, create, and work closely with the team and broader organization to develop impactful creative and flawless user flows.
- Develop creative for print and web that reflects, and elevates, the Marley Spoon brand. This includes collateral for marketing, packaging, and digital.
- Work with our Product designers, Product managers and developers to constantly challenge and improve UI & UX. Be mindful of new technologies to improve workflows and organize and conduct user tests.
- Help shape the Marley Spoon approach to materials, photography, and illustration—concept to execution.
- Art direct photo shoots, campaigns, and other creative marketing opportunities.
- Develop a collaborative design culture at Marley Spoon that welcomes the input and participation of not just Product and Marketing designers, but a wide array of stakeholders and isn’t afraid of feedback and iteration.
- 5+ years of experience at an agency, design studio, or creative consultancy and at least a BFA or advanced degree. You bring design leadership, and know how to coach creatives to do their best work.
- Strong portfolio and elevated sense of design, color, typography and digital products: you can discern good from great, and can work through tight timelines and manage workloads to develop world-class design.
- An appetite for a wide range of creative projects: you’re game to roll up your sleeves, whether it means designing a great voucher or creating wireframes. You’re capable of inspiring expression regardless of the project and function.
- Solid understanding of print and web. You know and care about physical materials, and are interested in working closely with printers to get things just right. You also have a profound understanding of UI/UX design, are ideally familiar with prototyping tools and have proficient knowledge of the Sketch App.
- Experience in collaborating with project teams and a wide array of stakeholders while keeping an eye on pushing boundaries of aesthetics and ideas.
- Self-directed. Able to fill in the gaps and manage deadlines with minimal oversight. You can be your own project manager and value organisational skills when storing your files and deliverables.