UX Designer Marley SpoonBerlin, DE
Some say that people eat with their eyes first. That’s why, for us at Marley Spoon, creating an inspiring user experience is key. We’re working hard to bring delightful, market-fresh, easy cooking back to the people. Our chefs create inspiring and mouthwatering recipes every week, our customers select what they’d like to cook and we deliver the recipes with all the ingredients they need. We are a growing business across 3 continents, 6 countries, 700+ employees and use technology to re-invent the global food supply chain to reduce unethical food waste.
We are looking for a freelance UI/UX Designer to work within the design team while actively collaborating with product managers and engineering team to bring design at Marley Spoon to the next level.
What you’ll do
- Design and craft exceptional experiences across our web and mobile products with a user-centered approach.
- Iterate and improve existing features based on research, quantitative data and business goals.
- Work collaboratively alongside developers, product managers, designers and other stakeholders, from framing problems to creating production-ready solutions.
- Communicate your design vision clearly in the form of high-fidelity compositions, wireframes, prototypes and/or user flows and other tools as required.
- Participate in and utilise UX research, user testing, A/B testing and experiments to make decisions.
- Contribute actively to the design conversation — Offer and solicit constructive critique at design reviews and within the wider company.
What we believe you should have
- 3+ years of digital product design experience, ideally in-house.
- A portfolio demonstrating strong visual design skills and evidence of tackling user experience problems.
- Experience working and collaborating with cross-functional teams with developers and product managers.
- A keen eye for detail: striving for delivering perfect experiences and ensuring it looks and works as planned.
- The ability to articulate your ideas and design decisions clearly.
- An established, organised workflow.
- The ability to accept and work with feedback.
- Strong experience with Sketch.
- Lots of enthusiasm and proactiveness!
- [Bonus] Experience with prototyping tools.
- [Bonus] Experience with user research.
What’s in it for you
- Join a growing design team and experience designing for a broad, visceral product that is food.
- An opportunity to act entrepreneurial and get things done.
- An open, diverse and respectful culture with over 50 nationalities.
- Enjoy some delicious food occasionally delivered from the company test-kitchen.
- Work in our beautiful office in the heart of Berlin with flexible hours.
Did we catch your attention? We are looking forward to your application including your salary proposal and earliest possible start date.