UX Designer Marley SpoonBerlin, DE
Some say that people eat with their eyes first. That’s why, for us at Marley Spoon, creating an inspiring user experience is key. We’re working hard to bring delightful, market-fresh, easy cooking back to the people. Our chefs create inspiring and mouthwatering recipes every week, our customers select what they’d like to cook and we deliver the recipes with all the ingredients they need. We are a growing business across 3 continents, 6 countries, 700+ employees and use technology to re-invent the global food supply chain to reduce unethical food waste.
The Design Team at Marley Spoon is young and growing, with a mission to design the best home-cooking experience for our customers. We’re looking for an exceptional UI/UX Designer who will be a creative force in our projects, inspire colleagues with original ideas, strategic thinking and exceptional craftsmanship, across our digital experience.
What you’ll do
- Design for various Marley Spoon projects ranging from helping craft new experiences to improving our existing products across platforms and markets.
- Take the lead on building and evolving the Marley Spoon design system and introducing thoughtful and consistent design patterns as required.
- Work closely with stakeholders around the globe to understand requirements, find and translate insights, set the direction and deliver solutions with precision.
- Communicate your design vision clearly in the form of high-fidelity compositions, wireframes, prototypes, user flows and other appropriate methods that cater to the needs of the project.
- Be creatively responsible for your projects and work closely with stakeholders and the development team to ensure solutions are realised and delivered to the highest-quality.
- Participate in and utilise UX research, user testing, A/B testing and experiments to make decisions.
- Work closely within the larger Design team to establish and maintain our design standards and guidelines.
- Be an active member of the Design team — share your knowledge with your colleagues, offer constructive critique at design reviews and contribute to the design culture within the wider company.
Who we believe you are to excel in this role
- A skilled UI/UX designer with 3+ years of professional experience with tackling user experience design problems and visual design.
- A user-centric designer who believes understanding users is fundamental to the design process.
- A strong facilitator and presenter, with the ability to present design decisions clearly and push to make change happen.
- Curious, explorative and open to trying new ways of working and learning.
- Someone with a proactive, here-to-help attitude and believes in the value of interdisciplinary collaboration.
- A problem solver, who can bring the team together, and with the drive and an established workflow to bring your ideas to life.
- A pro at Adobe Suite, Sketch, Zeplin and Keynote.
- [Bonus] Experienced with writing and designing for A/B tests.
- [Bonus] Experienced with different types of user research.
What’s in it for you
- The opportunity to actively shape the vision and direction of Design at Marley Spoon.
- The challenge of working with an exciting, visceral subject that is food.
- Monthly inspiration sessions, a growing Design library and fun team events.
- Our meal kit, free and delivered home for you to try!
- Delicious food occasionally delivered from the test-kitchen.
- An open, diverse and respectful culture with over 50 nationalities.
- Participate in Marley Spoon’s success with an outstanding employee virtual share program.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us change the way people cook, write to us and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job.
We have worked hard to build a diverse team of inspiring and passionate people. We encourage people of all genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientation to apply!