UX Designer MorningstarSydney, New South Wales, AU
Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success. One way we accomplish this is by offering independent research and great software products to financial advisers and individual investors. We believe that when the investor wins, we all win.
At Morningstar, your contributions have meaning and can drive change. We offer a place where talented, driven people can grow. Our differences are our strength; the fact that we don’t all think the same way and encourage unique perspectives helps create great products and services for our clients.
The Opportunity: We are seeking a User Experience (UX) Designer to join our Products & Solutions group to help lead user experience design within a cross-functional team developing software for financial advisors and financial professionals. We’re looking for a designer who loves the challenge of turning complex data into great communication design, translating usage patterns into intuitive interactions and workflows, and working in an incredibly collaborative environment.
What you’ll do:
What we’d expect you’d have on day 1:
Qualifications & experience required:
- Other things that would be useful to have, but not necessary:
- Want to join? To apply please send:
- Pre-screening questions:
- 1. What are three common mistakes made by UX practitioners? (less than 250 words)
- 2. If you could redesign any product or service, what would it be, and why? (less than 250 words)
- To be eligible for this role you will need to be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or holder of a valid work visa. Morningstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- A sense of humour.
- A team player’s attitude with a high threshold for quality.
- Empathy and the maturity to own and learn from challenges.
- Financial services software experience a plus, but not necessary.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of user research tools and wireframing systems
- Financial services or personal investing experience
- Your C.V
- A cover letter: Please Include in your Cover Letter your responses to the below pre-screening questions