UX Designer OutSystemsLisbon, PT
[ Senior UX Writer ]
Who we are?
Thousands of customers worldwide trust OutSystems, the number one low-code platform for rapid application development. OutSystems is the only solution that combines the power of low-code development with advanced mobile capabilities, enabling visual development of entire application portfolios that easily integrate with existing systems.
OutSystems is a global company, with a base in Lisbon, Portugal and international locations in Atlanta, London, Amsterdam, Dubai and Singapore. Our commitment to our culture is highlighted in The Small Book of the Few Big Rules, written by our Founder and CEO, Paulo Rosado. This commitment to culture has made us a Forbes Best Cloud Computing Companies And CEOs To Work For In 2016.
Go and see for yourself what our happy customers have been saying about us.
How can you help us?
We are looking for a senior UX writer to join our Product Experience group. This is a multidisciplinary group, made up of several disciplines—product design, UX/UI, content, product communication, and user research—to create a cohesive experience and narrative for OutSystems products.
As a senior UX writer at R&D, you will be responsible for determining how the product speaks to the users. This will include developing, editing and maintaining UI strings (such as labeling, notifications, messages, and descriptions) for OutSystems products. You will collaborate with product teams, designers and product managers to define and marry UI copy with user-centered design.
- Write and edit exceptional UI copy for OutSystems products in natural language with a focus on clarity, consistency, and understandability, addressing very technical audiences —mostly, developers and IT professionals.
- You value a continuous and consistent experience across the user journey.
- Evolve language and tone guidelines for the product copy, promote style consistency and best practices, and define cohesive narratives across our products.
- You are flexible and positive and are eager to collaborate with UX and UI designers, researchers, product managers, technical writers and engineers.
- Mentor and coach designers, product managers, and engineers to write useful and understandable UI copy that brings confidence to users. Help other teams understand content design by sharing best practice and through active collaboration.
- Use data and user research to evaluate, and improve UI copy.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Fluency in both written and spoken English, as well as superb communication skills.
- An expert in content and user experience design, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in establishing and executing content strategy for large and complex software platforms.
- Software development experience in any programming language is a big plus.
- A portfolio demonstrating your experience in software copy.
- Ability to analyze data, and eager to find opportunities to use the data and user insights to make recommendations on where to improve user experiences, and solve problems.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment, and able to embrace iterative product development. You react well to feedback.
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a keen eye for consistency, and high level of attention to detail.
- Test product concepts, software flows or pieces of content with users to assess comprehension, and uses that feedback to push for improvements.
What do we have to offer you?
- An amazing work environment with supportive, smart, hardworking and driven co-workers that will push you to become even better!
- Real career opportunities – promotions or the opportunity to join a different team within the company.
- At OutSystems, you can help shape a ground-breaking product that revolutionizes the way software is traditionally delivered.
We are a solid company that still keeps growing, changing and innovating, and giving teams room to be proactive and creative.
Our company culture that is based on transparency, teamwork and excellence (as promised in The Small Book of the Few Big Rules and delivered everyday).
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then we’d love to hear from you!