UX Designer RACVMelbourne, Victoria, AU
Resolve user pain points through great design all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
RACV’s Transformation Division has been created to accelerate progress of the Corporate strategy through major programs of work focused on step-change improvements in RACV capabilities.
The Transformation Division exists to effectively facilitate the ideation, prioritisation, and execution of initiatives across the enterprise through design, adoption and governance support.
Within the Transformation Division, the Design and Digital Experience Team’s approach to Design uses the Digital Experience capability to create informed digital products that provide meaningful and relevant digital experiences to our members.
Unlocking the full potential of digital is critical to realising RACV’s strategy, meeting corporate objectives and providing benefits to members.
A day in the life
Reporting to the Head of Digital Channel Experience, the UX Designer is responsible for clear understanding of business goals/requirements and any technical and user behaviour, and be proficient in a wide variety of skills, ranging from psychology to design and technology.
You’ll also be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
What You'll do
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, Business Analysts, Developers and Service Designers to design and deliver digital experiences
- Define the overarching IA and conduct needs and task analysis
- Produce sketches, flowcharts and wireframes to support robust discussions with technical and business stakeholders
- Advocate for the customer as you refine solutions, creating prototypes or mock-ups for testing and validation
- Use Figma, Sketch, InVision, and the Adobe Creative Suite to rapidly iterate on designs and product artefacts such as illustration, iconography and animations
- Undertaking work with digital assets, including interface design files, wireframes, and interactive mock-ups.
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative research to make data-led design decisions.
As part of this process, we’ll help you grow your knowledge of customer experience and stakeholder relations in an industry-leading environment.
You’re excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
Your passion for resolving user pain points through great design all things UX and other areas of design and innovation will see you succeed in this role.
- A competitive salary.
- Discounts on selected RACV products.
Our values are central to everything we do. We’re proud to have four key values that represent how we work together to create a great employee experience:
- Innovation– seek to create a better way
- Accountability– own it see it through
- Courage– challenge yourself and others to grow
- One Team– together we achieve more
We’re looking for…
- 3+ years' of UX design experience.
- Experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Miro, Figma, Sketch & InVision, and the like is a must.
- Previous experience building and/or maintaining a design system is highly desired but not compulsory.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centred design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in design thinking where you have previously shipped UX/UI design for digital products.
- Ability to:
- work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- provide high fidelity designs and documentation with clear functionality to product owners, front end developers, back end developers and external parties
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centred design and design thinking.
- Enhancing the design system through your contribution to iterating or developing new components
- Have highly effective agile background and skills with a strong competency in digital channels
- Strong analytical abilities and quantitative skills.
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills with ability to manage competing demands.
- Experience preparing and presenting ideas and recommendations to colleagues, managers and senior stakeholders to seek endorsement and support for initiatives.
- Proficiency with a wide range of digital and tools, including:
- Superior knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite tools
- In depth knowledge of design principles and design methodology
- Content management systems
- Agile project management tools, including Jira and Confluence.
- Accessibility and Usability tools
A little about us
As Victoria’s largest member organisation, we have a powerful organisational vision: to improve the lives of Victorians by addressing their needs in the areas of mobility, home and leisure and be their advocate.
It’s why we’ve spent more than 100 years creating products and solutions that serve people, not bottom lines.
Like most organisations, RACV has needed to respond to COVID-19 by adapting across our business and the communities we operate in. What hasn’t changed is our team’s mandate and priority to bring the voice of the Member into our organisation and provide insight-led solutions that holistically consider Member and employee experience and business operations. By uplifting and adapting our ways of working to meet the new environment we’re operating in, we’ve been able to hold true to this and connect with and solve the changing needs of our Members.
You can learn more about the RACV at racv.com.au/about-racv/our-people/work-at-racv.
Submit your CV via the link
Applicants will be required to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in Australia, and at a minimum be required to undertake police checks as a condition of employment.