UX Designer RangleAmsterdam, North Holland, NL
As a UX Designer you will be influencing and guiding the design process for high profile clients across industries with an emphasis on innovation to create the next generation of digital products and applications. You will be working with a team of passionate and skilled designers and developers in a collaborative and inspirational way. As a key subject matter expert with our clients, you will help facilitate and lead the way in designing digital solutions that are intuitive, engaging and world-class in their execution and experience.
You should have a solid understanding of experience design and user-centred design (UCD) principles and practices, and be an expert in one or more core experience design competencies such as UX design, interaction design, HCI or information architecture. You should also be able to teach these skills to others as we foster an environment that prioritizes knowledge sharing and mentorship.
- Our clients range from visionary startups who need to launch quickly and confidently, to large enterprises looking for better ways to strategize and deliver services.
- As a UX Designer, you’ll join a growing team that is redefining what it means to design and develop products using Lean and Agile principles in a seamless way. You’ll need to help clients to solve their problems effectively through a mixture of empathy, research, workshop facilitation, design, product strategy, and training. You’ll also be instrumental in mentoring teammates to ensure we’re all growing, learning and building the best software possible.
- Our visual designers tend to grow either technically or interpersonally, and in many cases, both!
- There's many pathways for growth, and opportunities internally.
- Visual designers can grow to become focused on craft or on leadership. Each option gives you an opportunity to craft your career path as you wish to grow.
Details About Your Role
- Facilitating design workshops and ideation sessions to build a shared product vision with the client and project team
- Creating top-notch UX design artifacts and deliverables including personas, user journeys, user flows and scenarios, interaction frameworks, wireframes and clickable prototypes
- Working with project teams to identify all potential states (errors, successes, dead-ends) and use cases (happy path as well as edge cases) and incorporating them into designs
- Providing rationale for design decisions
- Conducting qualitative research with people to test design hypotheses and assumptions
- Designing for accessibility
- Being the single point of contact for all project UX-related status, including but not limited to presenting your status during stand-ups and demos
- Partnering and collaborating with the visual designer on a project to ensure we’re creating a digital experience people will love
- Staying current with recent developments in the UX design industry and community, and communicating new insights to fellow designers
- Leading workshops for your peers to share your expertise and attending workshops from your peers to learn and grow
What Your Bring To The Team
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a design-related field OR relevant work experience
- 5+ years experience as an UX Designer, interaction designer or product designer
- Deep understanding of one or more core design competencies (i.e. interaction design, user research and testing, visual design etc.)
- Experience working on successful projects to completion within a larger team setting
- Experience using any current design and prototyping tools, such as Sketch, Adobe Suite, InVision, Axure ect, plus the desire to always find new ways of communicating design to an Agile development team
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to create and present wireframes, user flows, personas and other UX artifacts and deliverables
- Ability to translate client aspirations to tangible design deliverables that can focus client requests and feed the development team
- Experience designing responsive web and mobile applications as well as multi-step and cross-platform flows
- Understanding of typography, layout and colour theory
- Experience planning, running, and analyzing usability tests
- Strong facilitation and consulting skills.
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. Ranglers are curious, brave, kind, and innovative. Together we build experiences that make an impact on the world. Come join us.
Rangle is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a safe, diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds including ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, family status, age, nationality, and education levels to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.