UX Designer Robertson & CompanyVancouver, British Columbia, CA
Senior UI Designer
Duration: 6 months to start
Help define and drive the future of digital design. Be a part in identifying product strategy and envisioning the ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. Provide a clear vision of the future of UI for the services.
- The incumbent will be expected to operate largely independently in the development, deployment and management of the initiatives within their remit.
- Elevate and strengthen UI Design as a practice.
- Prioritize and Coordinate design deliverables by developing a solid understanding of business needs and customer needs.
- Work closely with the design and development teams to oversee the implementation of the design assets and layouts, leveraging existing design patterns and systems.
- Designing solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives
- Create engaging layouts in line with branding guidelines.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Providing quality assurance on creative deliverables
- Define, develop and present innovative visual design concepts across multiple channels
- Work within the constraints of customer specifications and technical integrations
Challenges of the role:
- Working under pressure, flexibility to redesign solutions in the face of ongoing change and iterative development, coordination of a diverse suite of stakeholders, optimization of resources against complex technical deployments.
- Provide market-leading, compelling Digital product experiences that can leverage the global scale and distribution network.
- Ensuring that all services offer outstanding Digital customer experience and fully deliver on the brand promise and a coherent Digital Strategy.
Impact on the Business
- Evangelize importance of Visual and UI Design to help enhance design culture alongside CX team members
- Push and develop visual and UI design that encompass brand values
- Ensure Customer Experience and UI Designs are clearly translated and articulated in the artifacts
- Work with stakeholders and customers to ensure the outcome of the project answers both customer and business needs
- Work closely with the CX and UX Lead to prioritize functions and features for the product
Leadership & Teamwork
- Assist the CX Lead in creating and maintaining best in class experience for customers
- Be the bridge between functional teams, increase communication to minimize gaps between UX flows
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Establish and maintain Visual Design and Brand guidelines, principles and best practices to ensure consistency and minimize unnecessary, repetitive work
- Regular review to identify key risks, issues and interdependencies. Determine and apply approporiate mitigation strategies.
- Ensure an equal and balanced focus is maintained on operating and regulatory risks and ensure the Virtual Management Team positively identifies and mitigates these in a manner that protects the Brand.
- Ensure regular and positive engagement with key support functions such as Risk, Compliance and HR to ensure alignment of policies and plans necessary to deliver a demanding transformation benefit target.
- Implementation of Global Standards, Financial Crime Compliance and Risk considerations in an aligned manner within the context of the RBWM strategy through operational practice and planned activity
Must Have Skills:
- 6-7 years of experience in Visual and Digital Design and other relevant disciplines.
- Manage resources to achieve business targets / objectives
- Analyse problems and propose solutions beyond initial objectives or requirements
- Challenge requirements and thinking