UX Designer SandvikStockholm, SE
With local presence in 150 countries, north of 30 billion SEK in annual turnover and more than one Terabyte of machine data generated every second, Sandvik Machining Solutions is a world leader in engineering solutions the manufacturing industry. With its brand recognition and global reach, Sandvik aspires to help its 250 000 industrial customers embrace digital transformation, at scale, globally. To do so, it created CODE.
CODE is a new, daring take on industrial digitization, tasked with the mission to design, build and deploy innovative, digital-first solutions to help solve the most important challenges Sandvik’s customers face across all of manufacturing. CODE is uniquely positioned to combine Sandvik’s deep industrial expertise with cutting-edge advances in machine learning, artificial intelligence and digital user experiences to create compelling, customer-centric solutions to big problems.
We’re looking for a UX designer to join us at CODE as we strive toward shaping the way
industrial companies take on digital transformation. As part of our team, you will work in close collaboration with our customers – all over the world – to identify, prototype and build compelling and purposeful digital services that put humans first, not machines. As UX Designer, you will work with our executive management to build a world-class product design team, and have the opportunity to shape the way we work to solve our customers’ most important challenges.
At CODE, we are deeply committed to transform the way Sandvik approaches solution design to hard problems. We view integrity, openness and accountability as cornerstones to our ability to deliver value in both the short and long term. Our operational model is rooted in design thinking, and we work closely with customers, partners and internal Sandvik product teams to ideate, prototype and iterate concepts at a rapid pace. We exponentially scale only the solutions we can prove to drive substantial value creation for our customers. Nothing else matters.
- Identify target users and tasks, create user personas and map user and customer journeys as part of CODE’s vision to bring intuitive digital user experiences into the world of manufacturing
- Work in close collaboration with our executive management team to create the ‘Little Blue Book of Sandvik Design’ that defines how Sandvik will work to set a new standard for delivering value to customers through intuitive user experiences
- Shape, embody and drive design thinking and human centered design internally to guide Sandvik’s journey into purposeful, digital user experiences
- Collaborate with our team, customers and internal Sandvik product teams to define what success looks like for usability and experience design
- As part of CODE, help guide Sandvik’s product areas on how to measure usability and enable user feedback loops to help drive a culture of designing user experiences using data
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with UX or Product Design at a leading consumer brand
- Extensive experience in defining, iterating and designing prototypes in highly collaborative environments with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Fluency in design thinking and human centered design principles, with a portfolio to showcase previous work and progress iteration, including user testing and validation
- Innate excitement for solving hard problems from a customer-oriented, outside-in perspective
- Attitude of continuous learning, and genuine enthusiasm for creating success together with others
- Effective ability to prioritize between multiple projects, and the confidence to say no to more work than you are confident that you can take on
We are a company with an open-minded culture, actively working to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion.
For further information about this position, please contact:
Hugo Nordell, Recruiting Manager, +46(0)26 26 62 42
Anna Åkesson, Akademikerföreningen, +46 (0)26 264 735
Peter Olsson-Andrée, Ledarna, +46 (0)26 261 984
Send your application no later than July 12, 2017.
Read more about Sandvik and apply at www.sandvik.com/career. Job ID: 352097.
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact HR Services, +46 (0)26 261 444.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2016, the Group had approximately 43,000 employees and sales of 82 billion SEK in more than 150 countries within continuing operations.
Deadline: 12 Jul