UX Designer SkyLondon, England, GB
Applications Close: 01 April 2020
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“The Group Product Design team at Sky spends every day creating forward-thinking customer products and services across the Group Product portfolio. As well as transforming the OTT experience across Europe, evolving the Sky Q set-top box interface, and continuing to develop our market-leading digital News and Sports products, we have bold and revolutionizing plans for the future. A team of forward-thinking design specialists working across multiple channels – we’re shaping the way customers enjoy Sky’s products and services.” – Alan Abbott, Executive Creative Director
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Demonstrate an ability to come up with innovative ideas, solve problems creatively and shape these into logical, coherent solutions that centre around our customers needs
- Execute UX Design work that adheres to standard methodology UCD and brand standards across Sky’s digital estate
- Support the Senior UX Designer to maintain an efficient design delivery process, through regular clear communication with delivery teams and consistently delivering to schedule.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and desire to investigate, innovate and develop emerging design, UX and technology trends.
- Work with our content editors and commercial teams to ensure our business obligations are met whilst never compromising on the user experience.
- Help drive our creative culture by being a highly visible advocate for all things design
- Collaborate with design and development teams to build new experiences and evolve patterns
- Work with partners at product owner, and senior manager level
- Experience with a specific focus on UX Design, or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant design discipline
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to convey complex design concepts clearly to different delivery skill sets within the organization
- Solid experience of UCD design principles and methodologies, with an ability to conduct competitor analysis & benchmarking, create user journeys, user flows, sitemaps, wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Thorough understanding of UCD, human interface guidelines and standards as they apply to various platforms and devices
- Experience conducting usability testing; demonstrating an ability to plan, conduct and analyse your own studies using in-person, remote or online methods
- Experience interpreting qualitative user research and quantitative analytics metrics to aid insight and data driven design
- Good understanding of the latest tools and software such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative suite and Userzoom
- Not essential but preferred. Experience in gathering business requirements and translating sometimes challenging business objectives into designs which meet customer needs
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.