UX Designer South PoleZürich, Zurich, CH
At South Pole we are committed to make Climate Action accessible for all, from large organizations to individuals. Your role is to help us shape our next generation of products and bring about an outstanding user experience.
As a Senior UX/UI designer, you will take on complex challenges and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for people from various walks of life - from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert.
You will be collaborating with a team of Engineers sitting remotely, and you will support them throughout the product development process: from creating user flows and wireframes, to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product delights them.
Occasionally, you will join external client meetings, taking in inputs and helping drive the future of the product.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Design flows and interactions, translating concepts into intuitive user experiences
- Manage the end-to-end design lifecycle: from user stories, to mockups and visual design
- Collaborate with the Engineering team, and act as a Customer advocate along the implementation process
- Lead the creation of a design system that is in line with our brand and our mission
- Masters degree in Design, HCI or other relevant discipline
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in a similar role
- Outstanding UX portfolio, demonstrating clear insights, problem solving, and simple solutions.
- Excellent communication skills in English and German
- Strong track record of products and platforms that have been shipped
- Advanced technical knowledge of front-end mobile and web technologies.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to listen, articulate positions, and advocate designs
- Proficient in working with product design tools (Sketch, InVision etc.)
- National or holder of a valid required work visa
- Excellent team spirit within the world's leading independent sustainability company
- Be part of a growing and multicultural company
- Work autonomously as well as within a large and international team of passionate sustainability professionals
- Clear career development potential
South Pole Carbon Asset Management Ltd