UX Designer Springer NatureLisbon, PT
Springer Nature opens the doors to discovery for researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals, platforms and technology solutions reach millions of people. For over 175 years our brands and imprints have been a trusted source of knowledge to these communities and today, more than ever, we see it as our responsibility to ensure that fundamental knowledge can be found, verified, understood and used by our communities – enabling them to improve outcomes, make progress, and benefit the generations that follow.
Visit: group.springernature.com and follow @SpringerNature
Senior UX Designer
We’re looking for a senior user experience designer to join our growing global UXD practice at
Springer Nature and work within a large programme of work that looks across all of our products and services and how they link together through identification and account tools and processes.
The job is based in Lisbon and you will work remotely at times with colleagues in London (UK), Pune (India), Dordrecht (The Netherlands) and Berlin (Germany). Some travel will be required (once it is safe!). We are increasingly finding good ways to collaborate remotely where possible.
Visit sndigital.springernature.com to learn more about who we are and what we do.
Springer Nature has a portfolio of over 3,000 peer-reviewed journals and books across all areas of science. We also deliver numerous supporting services, such as help with writing, seminars, job-board among others. Researchers and librarians need to be able to access, administer and use these services. Researchers also need to get their work to us, and use tools to work through the publication process to work with their editors to get their work published.
You will work to achieve the aims of the logging in and identity management experience strategy and will work with many products and imprints across the whole business. Day to day you will primarily work with the Identity team. We are aiming to develop a more robust and unified experience for a wide range of users types. Your role will involve keeping the end goal in sight and working out the right way to align logging in experience and accounts across products and brands to help our products achieve their potential and be easily accessible by the right audiences.
What you’ll do...
Within 3 months
- Understand the broad view of Identity, its responsibilities and the product and service teams it needs to work with.
- Develop a good sense of the academic publishing business and the unique challenges we face in a rapidly changing market.
- Get to know our main users and use cases through previously conducted work and other information available beyond the log in experience.
- Work with the Product Manager and UX Leads to understand the goals of the Identity team and ‘logging in and account’ experiences
- With UX Leads and product owners, create a future experience map that can help to clarify and achieve buy-in from partner teams and senior managers into the work Identity needs to do.
Within 3-6 months
- Be actively designing and testing solutions that work towards the objectives SN wants to achieve through the logging in and account experience.
- Understand the current experience through a relevant form of benchmarking that will allow you to track and measure improvements over time.
- Help to grow the design literacy within the Identity team and the shared services domain in particular.
- Develop a culture of testing and observation within the Identity team - and partner teams - to help identify and solve problems in concepts to de-risk the work as it progresses.
6 months and beyond
- Establish routines for ensuring the experience is on track to meet the goals of Identity and the wider goal to improve the experience researchers have with all of our products.
- Be involved in strategy planning sessions that help shape the product and its direction, by being the voice of, and expert on the user, through your design and research work.
- Review objectives with UX Lead to plan appropriately for the next 12 month period.
You will have:
- Worked at senior level, and have demonstrable experience in carrying out all or most of the UX activities described above (user journeys, design/experience maps, personas/archetypes, parallelisation of conceptual vision work with daily delivery artefacts, user research and metrics to name a few) .
- Taken the lead on the strategy and design of at least one product or service with horizontal touchpoints across a company and ideally multiple brands.
- Successfully managed conflicting priorities and voices to stay focused and deliver a truly customer focused product
- Successfully influenced product direction through your insights gathered from user research or other user metrics.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering digital products/services by working cross-functionally and adopting an incremental Lean UX approach.
To apply please upload a copy of your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations