UX Designer Totally CommunicationsKentish Town, London, England, GB
Totally Communications is a Digital Agency based in Kentish Town. We deliver bespoke technology solutions to complex problems, creating value and efficiency.
Join our perfectly balanced family of nerdy, ambitious and passionate people, & experience our relaxed office environment. A soft area to think / chill, play pool / table tennis and a supply of fruit, chocolate, soft drinks and beer. We are a sociable team and have regular evenings out, Pizza Fridays as well as out of town trips including abroad.
We need a talented UI/UX designer to bring to life web-based applications / portals / Extranets / Intranets as well as enterprise websites. You will have a logical and pragmatic mindset, you are highly motivated and excited by beautifully designed digital experiences, you are confident in your own ability and know how to put the users’ needs firmly at the heart of the process.
Responsibilities in the role will include the following:
- Create workflows, wireframes, sitemaps, high fidelity comps and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Lead client-facing workshops / meetings to explore solutions and capture requirements
- Research, brainstorm and translate conceptual ideas into engaging, visually rich designs solutions
- Create visually striking and functional designs for applications and websites, from start to finish
- Ability to work within brand and design guidelines, whilst also considering unique interpretation
- Organising complex information in a way that is simple, user friendly, logical and clear
- Collaborate with the team to ensure visual consistency across the project
- Ability to work within time constraints and deadlines
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years experience as a UX/UI Designer, with a strong understanding of UX processes
- Excellent visual and user focused design skills
- Excellent understanding of designing for web & mobile (i.e. responsive & mobile-first design)
- Agile environment experience, working collaboratively within a team as well as being self-led
- Experience in user research, ability to analyse data & validate, before creating a solution
- A ‘here to help’ attitude, who absolutely, fundamentally believes that we’re better together, happy to share ideas, take constructive feedback, support with additional work when required
- Strong understanding of web usability & accessibility, digital trends & how websites are put together
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to clearly explain design concepts
- Excellent time management and self-organisation
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe creative suite
- Fluent in English – other languages are a bonus!