UX Designer UbisoftBordeaux, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, FR
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Created in September 2017, Ubisoft Bordeaux is the newest of the French Ubisoft studios, working on iconic brands such as Just Dance, Ghost Recon, Beyond Good & Evil, ... Announced as AAA studio, Ubisoft Bordeaux is growing rapidly and already counts more than 230 employees, from more than 16 different nationalities.
If you like working in a stimulating, international and friendly environment, come join us and work on our new unannounced AAA!
As it is a new role in our studio, you will be the only UX designer in the studio and you will work closely with the UI team.
You will have the opportunity to work on the design and implementation of player interfaces for a new AAA game in collaboration with the dedicate team in Montreal.
- Collaborate with game designer and engineering to propose and implement UI solutions for the functionality, visuals and UX.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Create wireframes, user flows, process flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers.
- Align to design guidelines, create conventional user behavior that from competitors and references.
- +5 years of relevant experience in UI/UX Design within video games productions;
- Ability to use a business and user-centric approach to design;
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and design exceptional user experiences;
- Ability to work within a continuous flow environment;
- Experience with prototyping tools like Sketch, Axure, etc...
- Execution of Information Architecture, wireframes, prototypes and graphical style guides;
- Strong understanding of Human-Computer interaction;
- Strong English communication and presentation skills;
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Knowledge of scripting language (Python, ActionScript, etc...)
We are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.