UX Designer WillowTreeColumbus, Ohio, US
Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. Through a recent partnership acquisition with Dynamit in Columbus, Ohio, WillowTree is continuing to grow and thrive as the largest independent agency in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
The UI/UX Designer is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities to impact our teams, clients, and company through your creative vision. You’ll give form to ideas by being the voice and owner of product decisions. You’ll help drive the design direction and then make it happen!
*This is a full-time position in our Columbus, Ohio office and may require some travel.
- You’ll collaborate daily with a multidisciplinary team of Software Engineers, Researchers, Strategists, and Project Managers.
- You’ll co-lead ideation sessions, workshops, demos, and presentations with clients on-site
- You’ll ensure final visual design concepts are on-brand, on-budget, and deliver on product strategy goals
- You’ll help set the bar for WillowTree’s 5 Design Principles
- You’ll produce forward-thinking visual designs that are unique and distinct to the client’s brand
- You’ll sketch, wireframe, build IA, motion design, and run usability tests
- You’ll prototype to communicate the “look” and “feel” of a project. Maybe you use InVision, Framer, or Principle?
- You’ll ensure content strategy and design are perfectly in-sync
- You’ll build cohesive and lightweight design systems
- You’ll continuously iterate your designs to stay current with mobile trends
- You’ll give and receive design critique to help constantly refine and push our work
- You’ll push for and create inclusive, accessible design for all
- You’ve been designing digital products for 2+ years
- You have a portfolio that exemplifies strong visual design and a focus on defining the user experience
- You’ve proudly shipped and launched several products
- You have a strong understanding of typography, layout, color, and advanced design principles
- You’re a conceptual thinker who can translate customer needs, behaviors, and project requirements
- You have experience effectively presenting and communicating your design decisions to clients and team members
- You’re knowledgeable of what’s possible on modern digital platforms coupled with an understanding of platform design standards (e.g. HIG, Material Design)
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.