UX Designer YouMapNew York City, New York, US
Part Time - Full Time
Are you a user interface expert? Yes? Great... keep reading.
Do you have a sharp eye for the details, while maintaining a
top down perspective?
Do you have experience designing mobile software apps?
Do you have experience working at digital agencies or
top notch mobile companies?
Be a Part of Team YouMap
This is an exciting early role in a fast growing company that is designing the future of social. You will be joining an immensely enthusiastic founding team of good folks, as together we revolutionize and re-map social media. We are a design centric company where innovation is employed though design. Everything we do down to the smallest details revolves around a philosophy of using design, not as window dressing, but as funtional innovation.
You will be working hand in hand with our design minded engineers, to formulate design centric solutions of hard to solve questions.
YouMap™ The Human Atlas™
YouMap™ turns the world into a real-time channel based discussion forum. Letting people share and interact with people about topics they care about. Our patent pending technologies come together with visual flair to create the world's first atlas of human events.
The future is exciting and we take every day as a blessing, join us and help build the World’s first Human Atlas™.
The Intersection of art and design is where great stuff is made. We're looking for someone who loves PMS’s, typography, and motion to design and prototype. In turn, you have the opportunity to drive and evolve YouMap, a ground breaking patent pending social network, with a long view on revolutionizing social media. We are looking for outstanding product designers open to relocating to the Big Apple.
You will lead the development of a Design System. Your responsibilities will include the design of new features, improving our existing tool, and to create new workflows. You’ll experiment with motion prototyping and animation using Adobe After effects, or some other fancy animation tool. We don't believe that user experience and application design are independent. We need a designer who strives to create high fidelity designs and better work with each iteration.
- Bachelor's degree in something, or equivalent professional experience (4 years) in our industry, OR a design prodigy. We are believers that talent and practice lead to perfection.
- Skill in Photoshop or Sketch.
- A great portfolio demonstrating high visual fidelity.
- A desire to push your own limits.
- Experience leading a development team, shipping highly interactive application to the app store.
- Great animation, and interactive design and prototyping skills.
- Icon illustration skills.
- Experience with HTML/CSS or other programming experience (your primary role is design, but we won’t complain if you expand your skillset... Hint hint)
- Lead the YouMap design team.
- Collaborate with our engineers to develop your own design system.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Discover new UX workflows that are even better than what we've got.
- Prototype your designs in Craft, Invision, HTML, or Swift.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Be productive.
- Be polite.
How to apply
Email a cover letter and a resume to jobs(at)youmap.com.